01 February 2012

father of mine.


happy happy birthday to the best man i know.
literally the smartest person i have ever met,
the person that i butt heads with more than anyone,
and the person that i love with every single ounce of love that my heart can hold.

the man who took me to my first concert and stood right by me in that dancing crowd the whole time on one leg because his right foot was broken.
the man whose very worst fear continues to be boys that i may have recently taken a liking to.
the man who probably didn't know what he was in for when he married my mom, with her little terror of a daughter, and took me as his own.

the man who, along with his family, became the living breathing proof that God loves me.

i'll NEVER stop being thankful for the day we went from "something's missing to a family."

12 comments

Lindsay R said...

aww this is so sweet. i love that you love him this much. :)

Kristi said...

Cute post. It choked me up!

Chloe Deverill said...

Awwww... such a sweet post!!

Stephanie said...

What great photos! Happy birthday to your dad!

Lena said...

Wow. This is incredibly sweet. Three cheers for awesome dads!

Lena said...

P.S. Yay for kind of having the same name. Mine is spelled Lena, but pronounced Laynah ... you much be fabulous:)

Sara Shoemaker said...

what a precious post. I am definitely a Daddy's girl too. hope he had a swell birthday!



The House of Shoes

Lauren said...

Such a sweet sweet post!

the lovebirds said...

what a sweet post. daddy's are the best! cute blog!

Chelsea said...

This is soooo sweet. Dad's are the best. I loved looking at all those cute pictures, too!

Ashley said...

such a sweet post! happy birthday to your daddy - dads are the best!

Nana said...

That was a really incredible post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it made me a little weepy though!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs