08 May 2012

Betrothed!



Less than 3 months into dating, the boyfriend spent 10 hours in Los Angeles creating a truly flawless ring for his future bride, and since then he's been trying to wait for the perfect moment to put it on my finger! Except that perfect moment didn't come.


So during one stressful (makeup-less!) monday, involving two bouts of angry tears from yours truly, one AAA truck to bail me out, and one HUGE microbiology project due... Matthew sat quietly beside me with his hand on my knee, occasionaly kissed my temple, drew a heart on my foot, and googled information to help me get done faster.


When I finished (much more quickly with his help) he took me outside and gave me this little speech. Then he got down on one knee and I hid behind my hands, taking an extra long time to register what was happening because I couldn't believe the sudden twist my no-good Monday had just taken.


Girl says yes. Boy gives girl ring. Girl goes to class and grins deliriously for the rest of the evening. Boy and girl go to the gelatto shop where they had their first kiss. Boy and girl live happily ever after.

13 comments

Katie said...

Congrats!! So pretty.

Katie
Belle De Jour

Anna said...

Congratulations!! It's beautiful!!!

The Management said...

Congrats, your ring is lovely and so is this post. Loved it.

Kaycie Eddie said...

Eeep! Congrats!! Your ring is stunning. Yay engagement!

Elle R. said...

awwwww what a beautiful ring! congrats to u guys =D

Gentri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so so happy for you!!

Chelsea said...

WHAT!?!?! I've been away from here for far too long. Your ring is gorgeous. I can't wait to hear more!!

Caitlin said...

Congrautlations!! What a sweet story! :) Gorgeous inrg!

Bree said...

Yay!! :) I'm so excited for you!!

Megan said...

Ahhhhhh!!! Congratulations!!!!! SO SO happy for y'all!!!!!! What a sweet proposal!

Lauren said...

Ahhhh, I'm just now seeing this!! So excited for you, that's great :) The best things in life happen when you least expect them too - it's on God's time not ours, so glad He's in control. Let the wedding daydreaming begin ;)

Alexis Kaye said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love.] said...

Your ring is so pretty! I love simple rings that scream gorgeousness :)

ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs