15 May 2012

Never forgetting yesterday.

It will go down in history as the day that my hunch was confirmed about Matthew caring more about wedding and reception decor than he's been leading on. The whole time I was in class, he was at home trying not to panic because he was convinced I wanted huge stumps and pickle jars for my centerpieces.

I was actually thinking something more like this:

or this

Problem is, his taste isn't really rustic.
And...he saw my uncle post picture on my moms facebook:
True: My uncle would cut whatever I come up with.
True: My mom liked this picture on facebook.
False: I am putting huge stumps on every table.

So I went over to his house and had an intervention.
Afterwards, me and my future siblings in law laughed and my future father in law said things like "Whats wrong with stumps and pickle jars anyways?? / If that's what Laynah wants, that's what we're doing."

So anyways. That was our first almost-fight.
First of many, probably.

I'm obsessed with the way both of us were successful in keeping calm while trying to make the other see our point of view. And I'm kind of obsessed with him, and how he is everything I've ever wanted. And how I am exactly who I want to be when I'm with him.

7 comments

{head 2 toe} said...

Just saw you were engaged! Congrats!! Are you having a pretty summer wedding!?

Kristi said...

Hahahahaha. That's hilarious! I admit I was curious too, but hey, it might work!

KendraKlingler27 said...

I love the second one!! The first one looked a bit more like a cake. lol And trust me--there will be a lot more agruments through out the wedding planning. Trust me!! oh boy, right now-it's money and the dress that I've decided on getting. Since just 2 weeks ago Jason and I joint bank accounts and it's our money now. But keep strong and never doubt yourself :) Always try to work things out with him. Get his side and tell him what you would like. Maybe even try and joint in ideas

Sara Shoemaker said...

you're ENGAGED?! this is awesome! CONGRATS! what a funny and sweet story about the stumps and the reception hahaha. way to work it out together! you should show a pic of your lurve so we can all put a face to the stories :)


The House of Shoes

The Management said...

this is gorgeous:

And I'm kind of obsessed with him, and how he is everything I've ever wanted. And how I am exactly who I want to be when I'm with him.

I feel the same way about my guy :)

Caitlin C. said...

This is such a cute post!! And hmm, why wouldn't he want huge stumps on the table? ;)

Alexis Kaye said...

AWHHHHH I didn't realize you were engaged!!! Congrats!!! That's amazing!!! And I hope you did well in the class you were worried about! :)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs