28 May 2012

Thanks but no thanks, PINTEREST!


I've been pinning wedding and engagement junk for who knows how long...but now that my engagement photo session is less than a week away I STILL have no idea what to wear. I guess I thought this would automatically be easier for me since I've looked at about a thousand engagement shots, but we can't just channel another couple, and it's up to me to figure out something that's "us!"

Ugh.

At least we know where the engagements will be. We went on wednesday last week to check out a lake that we'd like to shoot the casual part of our session and it felt good to have at least one thing decided.


 




Had a little fun along the way of course

 

 


Then I talked to my photographer and sometimes I wonder if that guy can read minds, because he knows EXACTLY what I want. I admitted that I was stressing about what we'll wear and we decided jeans and tee kinda casual, with no neutrals allowed so we can stand out.
Then I bought these for Matt.

(The shirt on the left is yellow. I promise)


But four 12 hour shifts later I'm not sure if I even like them anymore.
And I'm still lost as to what I'm going to wear.
And as I'm writing this I'm trying to ignore the two finals I have on wednesday/the mutant pile of laundry in my room.


All I have to say, is thank goodness for Memorial Day Weekends.
Enjoy your barbeques, lovelies.

4 comments

Fealyclan said...

It will work out. I'm sure of it. Try not to fret or plan too much. Sometimes the less you plan the better the pictures turn out. Really! Just breathe, relax when you can, work when you have to, you're fabulous and remember I really love you so, so much!

KendraKlingler27 said...

Picking out what you'll wear in engagements, was so hard!! Cause Jason, did not have many clothes--so I had to go with that. One day I found this navy blue button shirt, very cheap!! Well it was just perfect and since we had it at the beach too-made it beach like. I Cannot wait to actually see the pictures!! <3

Lauren said...

Luckily the focus will be less on the clothes and more on your pretty faces, so it won't matter what you guys wear - at least not as much as you think it will :)

Nikki @ The Ginger Diaries said...

Fist of all: congratulations on your engagement Laynah! ^^ Secondly, that locations looks like a dream, so beautiful :) I hope by the time I write this you were able to decided on what to wear. You are completely right when you say you should look like yourself, and not look at what all those other couples are wearing. x

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs