20 June 2012

Camping with littles.

Time with my little cousins (or any of my family) has become increasingly rare over the past few years, but we went on a big fat family camping trip last week and I got to catch up with some of my favorite people on top of a mountain. We drank it up and had a lot of fun running around and wearing ourselves out.
(Yes I live in California. No my legs don't see much sun.)


 
I could load this post up with some of the cutest quotes you ever heard. One of my favorites being from the three year old (holding my hand in the picture below) who just sat and smiled politely while I was showing all the little girls my wedding dress...and when I asked her if she liked it she said "Yes. I picked it, because it's so pretty." Nobody can tell her that she did not, in fact, pick out my dress.

I love that they tell me I'm the funnest grown up ever.
Enough to not mind the cheesy cheeto hand prints all over my bathing suit.

Enough to let them sleep in my tent with me even though I know full well that they will wake me up in the middle of the night to pee...resulting in bruises on my hips from carrying terrified children almost as big as I am accross two campsites, in the dark, with no contacts on.


 


Gosh our planet is pretty...



Well there was one catch.
Okay, two.

1.) I almost died without my fiance. It was kind of pathetic how I would huddle in a corner at the general store and talk to Matthew for two minutes once I found that was the one place that got reception, haha.

2.) We saw a lot of wild life. Enough to make me wonder about all the little noises going on outside my tent at night.

Besides that, it was truly wonderful.
I can't tell you how happy I am that it is finally summer time.

Next up: family reunion in Utah with the in-laws

2 comments

Madalynne said...

oh gosh... you look like you had so much fun! I'm a huge city gal but seeing your pictures of the wilderness has been wanting greenery in my life :)

Chelsea said...

Soooo fun! I haven't been out camping in the longest time. But yay for summer!

I hope this is not way random, but I work for a blog that is doing a bridal giveaway, and I immediately thought of you. Ha! I think one of these hair pieces would look SO gorgeous on you. Maybe because you look a little like the model? Anyway. I hope I'm not being a creeper, but here's the link. Only two people have entered (bummer), so you could probably even win!

http://stgeorgeweddings.com/olivia-nelson-bridal-collection/

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs