08 June 2012

I don't craft often...

...but when I do, people can usually tell that I don't craft often! I've been putting off asking my maids to be my maids because I wanted to be cute about it. So I came up with this idea thursday and have been working nonstop ever since.



Basically, I spent half a thousand hours making half a thousand little pages to be turned into five tiny books. Now...my nana is pretty much a paper professional and I was hoping some of that might rub off on me, but this took FOREVER because I was struggling to even cut a straight line!



Then I attatched the little pages together with pretty turquoise brads so they can swivel open.



(Three of these in the below picture are for decoration and the one in the top left corner is the one holding them together.) I put the little books in little envelopes with the girls' names...


Then I put those little envelops into little homemade envelopes I then wrapped with twine.



Then I put those little envelops into blue envelopes - which wasn't an easy task I tell you!

 Those babies are stuffed full...with love :)


4 comments

Bree said...

That's darling!!! I was so boring! I think it probably went like hey, you're gonna be my bridesmaid ya? Haha.

Jess said...

Aw that's so cute!! You can tell you put a lot of effort into them and I know your bridesmaids will appreciate that! :)

woreout said...

This is such a great idea and they came out beautifully! I'm not very crafty so I can totally relate to the hours spent slaving away on DIY projects. I think your bridesmaids will love these little note books and they make the perfect keepsake!

Sara Shoemaker said...

What a fun idea!! And is maids the new posh way to say bridesmaids?? haha cute!! They will all love that work you put into asking them in such a cute way :) cant wait to see all your engagements!


The House of Shoes

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs