29 August 2012

I have a lot of growing up to do.

I realised that the other day.
In my fort.
paha just kidding.
 

happy/crappy/mandatory good-hair-day selfie.
 
Just dropping in to say hellooo.
Today will find me running around doing all kinds of grown up-ish things. That I am super excited about.
 
I'm gonna wake up, and it's gonna be like:
 
First up is apartment scoping.
Matthew texted me today and was all "I found the perfect apartment for us and I'm applying right now. Trust me?" There was a little hesitation there but after he told me more about it, I am so on board. Even though I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I won't be living with my parents anymore...
 
After that: Dress fittings!
For my girls.
I'm actually more nervous about this than looking at the apartment. I kind of hope the color of the dresses are the same color as that tiny color swatch I picked out of a million others a couple months ago. Also, those dang things better fit!
 
But even if they don't, I don't think I care anymore!
My reception has pretty much come to this:
At the end of the day, I'll be married to the one man on this whole entire planet that can put up with me by the end of October 12 and if my bridesmaids dresses don't match anything else, then so be it.
 
Basically...
The first three or four months of my engagement have simply turned out to be one huge menstrual cycle and I'm sick of obsessing over the details of this big, expensive party that I have to throw because I fell in love. At this point, I figure mismatch can be my theme. Lately I've been looking at the big picture and have found myself less and less interested in my wedding day details, and more and more interested in the rest of my life with the one man who is good for me in every sense. I'm sooo excited to move in, and decorate, and cook, and wake up every morning, and travel with him! Starting with checking out our maybe apartment today.
 
 


1 comment

Marie said...

Haha it can be stressful thinking about the details of your wedding. Just trust ur instincts & remember to have fun at the same time ;)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs