First off - Why have I never heard those two words together before?
Second off - Happy no more election day.
The other day I was minding my own business, just warmng up my housewifery skills so I could try to be productive...when I got a very prominent phone call. This phone call, 22 days into my marriage, will go down in history as my first ever "Baby, meet me in the ER!" phone call.
I'm no expert but isn't it a little too early for this?
I mean, I don't even have my name legally changed yet.
Long story short, my husband went to open a can of gasoline...that was being stored in the wrong kind of container with no vent and the pressure when he opened it made the contents of the container explode onto his face.
In the middle of the chaos in the ER he made me take this picture because he wanted to know what those "devil things" they put in his eyes to flush them looked like.
Pro - He didn't go blind, since he was wearing safety glasses at the time.
Con - Prolonged gasoline exposure causes second degree burns.
Pro - He was able to get medical help RIGHT away.
Con - He had to take a few days off of work.
Pro - We got a good excuse to cuddle on the couch and eat nutella smores for the rest of the day (and there was no permanent damage done)
So these smores I speak of...
Are truly delicious and truly easy to make without the prerequiste of sleeping in a tent. I saw the recipe on pinterest and with a few tweaks (aka adding nutella) knew it was just the thing to make for recovering husbands.
1. Lay down your graham cracker foundation.
2. Throw some store bought cookie dough in there. (Mine was frozen and I microwaved it to speed up the thawing process...resulting in melty chips ha)
3. Add a generous layer of nutella
4. And then some crumbled up Hershey pieces because no smore is caught without it's Hershey chocolate
5. Marshamallows to top it off.
6. Bake according to the cookie dough directions or until your marshmallows are the color you want them to be (350 degrees for about ten minutes)
If that's not the easiest desert I've ever made I don't know what is.