17 January 2013

Another Day, Another Dollar

AKA a lengthy account of recent job woes...


Since being married, Matthew and I have moved into our apartment, and taken care of all our grown-up business...but I still work in the same place, a whole hour and a half away. Not to mention, I work 12 hour shifts. That's a whopping 15 hour day, if you're keeping track.
 
Which I am. Because it sucks.
 
I'm tired and grouchy a lot of the time, but I know that eventually, if I keep filling out enough job applications, then I will get a job closer to home and all will be right in the world. For now I'm doing what I have to do and I've learned to live with that.
 
On top of this, Matthew is also having job related troubles. He has been working on becoming a licensed insurance agent because an insurance company has offered him a job, and we were feeling really good about it. Up until today, when another option became available in the form of a job interview for another job he applied for months ago, and would really like. Of course, now we're scared of making the wrong decision.
 
I love that he is so protective of me. He shoulders most of the responsibility for taking care of the two of us and does such a good job. Tonight after a phone call with him (He is in Los Angeles, at some insurance agent thingy for a couple days) I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help us come to the right decision, and also told Him how much it upsets me when Matt is stressed out like this. I prayed that my husband would be comforted and not five seconds after "amen" this is the text I received: "The Lord has blessed me so much. I've never been unemployed for over a month and I'm complaining about all my job options when some people can't even get one :/"
 
We ARE incredibly blessed.
Beyond measure.
Heck, I count it as a miracle every time I drive back from work half asleep and make it home alive. So I know that this will all work out. And when it does, we'll have another obstacle to tackle as a married couple. And then another. The thought honestly excites me, rather than frightens me, because something about that man makes me feel like I can do anything.
 
 


3 comments

KendraKlingler27 said...

You know what, I know a great job that both you and Matthew might love. Actually you would love it more and do more with it. I love doing it, even though it is a lot of work in the beginning, but once you get the hang out it and so forth, you would be earning a lot, don't even have to go to work, could retaire late 20's or early 30's. Which my husband is trying to do right now. could travel and so forth. If you want to know more about it, hit me up!! :)
Love you Laynah!! and I miss you!! <3

KendraKlingler27 said...

oh actually I have 2 jobs that you might like, it's both side jobs which one of them, that I was talking about earlier is a full time job but part time job hours.

V said...

so cute =) fun being married huh! Did you know that the AV hospital women and infants pavilion has CNA's? My CNA when I had Jax was the coolest, she helped with everything and it was awesome, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you hadn't heard of it yet, which you probably have =)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs