01 February 2013

Growing Pains

With so much change going on in my life, I've been feeling very inspired to finally become the person that my 10 year old self thought I would be at the age I am now. I often ask myself "What kind of wife, daughter, and coworker do I want to be?" Because I recently had a breakthrough when I realized that I can do that. All I have to do is make a choice, and then go be it! What my ten year old self didn't know, is that I have to actually work to make it happen.

 
So I've been paying a lot of attention to how I come across. The method I've been using to decide which traits need to change, and which ones need to stay is to ask myself questions as I notice certain things. I know that I'm a friendly person, but does everyone else know that unless I smile and greet them as they walk by? I know that I love my husband but does he know that if I don't take time to show him? I don't know if I'm actually making any progress yet, but I think I'm stumbling in the right direction.



3 comments

Chelsea said...

I love this! You really are such a beautiful person inside and out.

s + b said...

Yes! Thank you for this, Laynah. Very inspiring.

nate and amy crandell said...

Thanks for the great reminder and great post! I remember writing those goals down too, when I was little :)

p.s. your eyes and hair are soo pretty!!!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs