23 February 2013

Marriage is Dang Hard.

Yes, Mr. Crawley and I have quickly discovered that we are doomed to be one of those couples, whose first year is the hardest part. These past four months have been FULL of learning experiences...more than I would have thought possible in such a short amount of time. Sometimes it seems that Matthew and I, both being of strong will and stubborn heart, have chosen to learn every one of those lessons the hard way. I'm afraid we've gotten a little clumsy with each other's hearts lately, and when I say "we" I mean mostly me. Communicating is hard. Saying "I'm sorry" is hard. Forgiving is hard. But those are all things that I don't think I could have learned without him, and only him. Loving him has never been hard, and even through the darkest of times I can feel that he is the only one for me.
 


This song by Thompson Square has really been speaking to me, and I have unofficially dedicated it to our first year of marriage.
 


8 comments

Kate said...

i wish more people would admit stuff like this. marriage is freaking hard. it's been almost 3 years and it's still hard. i still struggle with communication and forgiveness and humility and patience. and i get super frustrated with people who pretend like their marriage isn't difficult or like everything is hunky-dory. it's hard. but just because i admit that it's hard doesn't mean i don't still love my husband. i still want to be with him even if it's difficult. thanks for this post. and that song. :)

Hearts & Crafts Boutique said...

IT IS HARD. Marriage is, without a doubt, the hardest thing I have ever done. But, oh so worth it. I think its especially hard when you get married young. I got married at 19, and while the first year was certainly the hardest, each day is still difficult. I think that is what makes marriage so beautiful. I'll be the first to admit, my husband drives me CRAZY sometimes, but there is no one else who I'd rather be with than him. We joke that we became "adults" together.

Thanks for sharing such a personal post. Have a great weekend, Laynah!

E. Erquitt said...

I agree. Marriage is hard and not enough people admit that you have to continue to work and grow in your marriage to make it work. I have been married for 2.5 years now Each day has provided its on hurdles and happy moments. Kudos for being so candid about what married life is really like.

Desiree Macke said...

So hard. And so worth it.
Totally random (and hopefully not too creepy), but are you inSoCal? That temple looks mighty familiar.

Sally said...

Definitely hard. The first six months or so was particularly hard for us. I can't even really pinpoint why.....truly there wasn't all THAT much that really changed in that time.....I think it was just the fact of "this is truly official......we are MARRIED" that got us....and the challenges will always be there.....figuring out how to work thru them is the best tho.....made us feel so empowered like we could really handle anything that came our way.

Courtney Ash said...

I love your attitude towards this! Most people always seem to blame the other and you have such a great positive outlook on working as a team! And LOVE this song! Have an amazing week gorgeous girl!

Laura Rafferty said...

I love this post. Marriage is hard at the start. Because we didn't live together before we got married, we got stuck on all the annoying little habits we didn't know the other had.

I'm glad you wrote about this, because it's true and honest and I like that. I really like that!

eryka {from abcde} said...

I love this. Marriage is hard but, SOO WORTH IT!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs