05 March 2013

Another Pinterest Fail

Last week I was super bummed that I had to work allll day on Matthew's birthday. I still wanted him to know I was thinking of him though, so I decided to surprise him by decorating a little bit. 
 
 
Obviously I wasn't expecting it to turn out like that picture  because I was decorating a crappy apartment instead of a wedding reception, but I think you understand how it looked in my head. (Although I do admit to choosing an extra classy photo for contrast.) I quickly learned that quality balloon garlands don't just happen in a matter of a couple hours.
 
 
Although when it comes to me, I'm not so sure quality balloon garlands happen at all. He laughed when he came home to find me on the floor, struggling to manage my static-y/tangle-y mess, and you can imagine how grateful I was when he left to go get us some ice cream (buying enough time for me to throw my shenanigans on the ceiling).
 
 
 
ta. da.
 

 Obviously this is not how I intended them to look, but I think he appreciated the gesture, even though we had to nickname our living room the octopus baby cave.
 
 
 Complete with caressing of the "eggs" just like mama octopi do with theirs.
(So I might have made him watch one too many nature documentaries)
 
 
 
That Sunday there were birthday dinners to be had in honor of Matthew AND my little brother. Problem was, they were in separate towns - so we went to go see our touchy Fealys before eating with our Creepy Crawleys, and enjoyed a nice Sunday drive along the way. Today we are back at the old grind and actually loving it! Hopefully the rest of the week continues to be a productive one :)
 
 
 
#typicalmormonfamilyphoto


11 comments

Joanna said...

Awww...you're so sweet for thinking of doing something like that for him! That looks like a lot of work. I just had to laugh at your octopus cave joke. Hahah! I'm sure he appreciated the effort!

Megan said...

I love balloons, so this would have made me very happy!

Lindsay said...

How cute that you did that for your husband! I'm sure he loved it, even though it didn't turn out like the picture. :)

James Ron said...

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am inspired!
Very helpful information Buy Pinterest Followers

Jen A @ Love, the Arthurs said...

Bah! It's so frustrating spending so long on a Pinterest project that you are just SURE is going to turn out amazing...only to have it look like a baby octopus cave! I still think it was cute that you did that for your husband though! All Pinterest tutorials should come with the disclaimer, "if you're not Martha Stewart, do NOT attempt this" :) hope your next one turns out the way you want!

Chelsea said...

Super cute idea! Also, I'm your newest follower!

Cece said...

At least you tried! And you actually did pretty well. Such a big beautiful family! That's great.

nate and amy crandell said...

You are so funny and cute! I think the balloons turned out great and You are a sweet wife :)

Regine Karpel said...

So great!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

s + b said...

Haha! Almost every project I've tried to do from pinterest has failed miserably. A for effort! I love your sense of humor.

And that hashtag is so applicable. Ha ;)

Kaycie Eddie said...

So I just clicked on your actual blog website for the first time in a while (I usually read in google reader), and saw your new blog name! HA! I love it! And I feel like I want to use #typicalmormonfamilyphoto for the rest of my life.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs