02 April 2013

Aaand it's a BRAND NEW CAR!

Not really :) She's used
But we bought a car! Crazy right?

Here she is:


Meet Beyoncé.
Honda CRV. Big. Red. Beautiful.
She got her name because this song comes to mind every time I think about her.
 
 
The Story: A few weeks ago, Matthew and I were discussing long term financial plans/goals. We decided to apply for a loan, because we have enough money to pay more than the monthly payments, and we thought that would be a great way to raise our credit.
 
 
 
Fast forward to March 27, the day that my friend Chloe' and I had our laaast girls day (for 18 months). First, we  spent a beautiful morning inside the LA Temple. THEN, we drove around Los Angeles in my Hoopty Girl for two hours because I kept getting us lost. Remember how I said I was forgetful? Um, so is she. We were a disaster. At one point I spent 15 minutes trying to find parking so we could walk across the street to go get In-N-Out, until I finally said "Wait, what are we doing...THEY HAVE PARKING AT IN-N-OUT!" Anyways, we kind of had the greatest time ever being lost together so we didn't care.
 
Well we made it home alive, but when I went to leave...Hoopty wouldn't start. After a failed attempt at jump-starting her back to life, Matthew told me to leave her there. "I'm picking you up and we're going to a dealership right now." Woo! We found Beyoncé within the hour and just knew we had to have her . Buying your first car is so epic! Thinking of the places we'll go and the thought that our kids will probably ride in her one day blows my mind.

But I can't help but get sentimental about it, because Hoopty was the first. Together we have survived a hundred mini roadtrips, breaking down on the side of the road, being separated during that one time she was stolen, and making temporary windows out of packing tape when she was broken into.

 
 
She's heard many behind the wheel prayers, seen me cry when nobody else did, and never lets on to anyone how many times I've actually been lost. I will remember you with fondness, Hoopty Girl! In the name of being dramatic, I took this picture when I was driving away in Beyoncé, after the last goodbye.



But then, it's hard to be sad about it for too long when you have a sunroof!
Here's to my OUR next chapter!
(You know, because I have a partner in crime this time. Woo!)
 
 


18 comments

Marjorie said...

Congrats! Looks great!

Thien Do said...

How exciting! :)

Stephanie + Walter said...

Congrats on your new car!!! woohoo!

Desiree Macke said...

Woohoo for a new car!! Love the color, love the name.
I get lost all the time in LA. Can someone please tell me why there are two Beverly Blvds? And two Santa Monicas?! It's all very confusing sometimes.

josie renee said...

I LOOVEEE that you named your car beyonce!

xx
josie
www.straightnochase.com

Lindsay said...

It's hard to give up a car you have so many memories in -- and I've gone through three now, which is sad. Here's to making new memories with your husband and Beyonce! :)

Night Owler said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm following you now. Congrats on the car.

http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/04/hop-over-to-laneys.html

Would love for you to follow me back.

Whitney Cypert said...

Haha you are too cute! Congrats on the new car! : ) New follower!

Xo,
Whitney
http://keepingupwiththecyperts.blogspot.com/

DancingWithDragQueens said...

Congrats on your new baby! There's something so exciting about getting a new car...makes you want to drive all the time!

Rachel said...

I've never yet bought a car--I can't imagine the responsibility of picking out a good one! Both my husband and I inherited our cars from relatives--and I know I will feel emotional when I can't drive mine anymore. Poor little 17 year old Chevy--he currently needs new suspension and a new hood latch but hopefully the husband will get around to that in the next few days! You really did go through a lot with your car! It's true, cars are associated with so many memories...

Chelsea said...

I've heard great things about Honda CRVs! Congrats!!!

Brittany said...

Woo hoo for a new car!! Buuuttt I am always so sad when I have to leave my old car behind.

Cece said...

Getting a new car is so exciting! I have a Honda too and I love it. I'll probably buy another one but the one I have should last for a loooong time. Congrats on your new Beyonce!!

Hannah Louisa said...

Looks like a great car! Very nice :) xx

Ava Harness said...

That farewell shot just tugs the heart. The first one is always the hardest to let go. It took me awhile to get used to my new car when my first one finally broke down. Not technically of course, but there was always a feeling of something being off. But after a few weeks, everything was like it was before.

Ava Harness

Mardell Tobin said...

Even if it's a used car, what's important is that it doesn't look like it was used. :D You did a good job in choosing this CR-V. I hope there wouldn't be internal problems though. Naming her Beyonce, I'm sure she's gonna run the world! :D

Arlyne Nelms said...

I find the second to the last photo very interesting. The shot was quite melodramatic since it was your last look to your old car. Anyhow, you don't have to be sad since you have your new CRV. Beyonce looks very pretty, by the way! :)

Spartan Toyota

Paige Hollingsworth said...

I love the new car. I have always been a fan of Honda. I bought a motorcycle from Honda a few years ago to go on a road trip with. The thing just went and went and went. They make reliable machines that you know you can depend on. You should feel confident in your choice with the Honda CRV.

Paige Hollingsworth @ Baldwin Motors Lincoln

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs