03 April 2013

Our Easter

Easter Sunday was so exciting and happy I could barely stand it. I was filled with both gratitude for my Savior's love, and excitement to go spend time with family later! At church Matthew taught a lesson to the 13 year olds, and I taught the 5 year olds... they were a RIOT. I skipped a formal lesson altogether and instead had pictures of Jesus Christ's life that we went through and talked about in chronological order. If you've never discussed gospel concepts with five year olds, I highly recommend it. Then after church, we took a mini road trip to go have dinner with family!

 First roadtrip in BeyoncĂ©!
(Hubs wants me to change her name. I will not)


We ate until we were stuffed, and while the kids were all playing in the backyard...
the Easter bunny came by again!
 
 Matthew went with the sneaky method...

 and I went with the "throw the candy in the air like you just don't care" method.


 
 The mention of an Easter Bunny sighting in the front yard sparked the formation of a mob at the front door. 3...2...1....RELEASE
 
 







 
I don't know what kind of crazy Easter bunny we're dealing with here...but there was even candy hidden on the roof! Some kids wont let a silly thing like falling to their death deter them from getting every piece they can find.
 
 
So there you have it. The best Easter ever. I guess it really wasn't that much different from any other Easter I've had, but this time I have HIM. April 12th will be our 6 month anniversary of marriage, and I can't believe it. Our love has grown so much in six months and I'm so happy that the butterflies haven't worn off yet.

8 comments

Victoria said...

what a fun Easter!!

love your glasses,btw :)

Night Owler said...

Be sure to check out the blog hop today. I think it's gonna be a good one. http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/04/child-hood-books-blog-hop.html

Desiree Macke said...

The Easter bunny sure was daring to go all the way up on the roof! Silly rabbit.

Rachel said...

That looks like an awesome easter egg hunt! On the roof? Those must be some pretty brave parents! And you're coming up on 6 months of marriage--awesome! I don't think the butterflies ever have to go away--of course, I'm coming up on 2 and a half years so it's not like I've had all that much experience.... :P

P! said...

WOW! So much has changed since I stopped blogging- congratulations on your marriage!! I am so happy to see that you are happy and doing well- I've sure missed you!! It makes me so glad to see good things happening for good people. :)

karajean said...

Being married pretty much makes everything better, doesn't it?! Especially holidays and celebrations. (And they get even better once you have a kid!)

Brittany said...

Sounds like a good time! I love that you just threw the candy around :)

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

ha ha, you seem like so much fun! I love your cars name! :)
-wHiT

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs