04 April 2013

The Worst April Fools Day

I didn't get any jokes played on me...and I didn't think of any jokes to play on anyone else...but maybe the day would have turned out better if I had! Imagine if the officer who pulled me over had said "April Fools! No ticket, but slow down next time!" hahaha :) wishful thinking. Here's how my day went, in list form.

GRIEVANCES:

1. I was having a bad hair day. What I really mean by that is, the day before's unwashed hair was showing it's age.

2. I got my first ever speeding ticket, as mentioned above.

3. My dinner that night was awful. Sorry babe #firstyearproblems

4. Chloe' and I said our final goodbyes.

Photo evidence of the ratchet hair.

I'm gonna stop counting - you get the picture.
 Looking back though, I guess it wasn't ALL bad.

HIGH FIVES:

1. Right after I got my speeding ticket, I stopped by a cupcakery on the way home and picked up one of their April Fool's Day flavors to console myself. Lucky I did too, it almost made us forget how bad dinner was :)



2. It was only a speeding ticket and not an accident, right? Bonus: Matthew wasn't even mad at me.

3. The sky was beautiful...gray and moody with sunshine peeking through the clouds, forming rays.

4. Matthew and I cuddled up with my favorite blanket all night and started a new TV series.

5. I redeemed my cooking skills with the next nights dinner.

And right now it's Thursday night, so all those grievances are far behind me! Except for the ticket of course, but my court date is in like 2 months so I'm gonna ignore that for now in true procrastinator fashion. Speaking of fashion, this week for Friday's Fancies...we're all seeing spots! Holler.

My What Large Spots You Have




8 comments

Night Owler said...

Your first ticket and you have a court day. Why not a dang warning? Geez darlin how fast were you going. Why didnt you bat your eyes at the officer or something. That is if it was a guy LOL. I always end up scared to tears and they give me a warning. and sometimes I get an officer who's a butthole.

cup cake looked good tho. What new tv series did you and hubby start watching? I've been wanting to get into a new one but cant find one

Would love for you to follow me and keep up with me.

http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/

am @ am in the city said...

i love your friday's fancies look! really cute! :)

Emily said...

cute cute - love the polka dots with the chambray!! xoxoxo
(p.s. check out my latest giveaway! http://thesadlows.blogspot.com/2013/04/giveaway-lorraine-tyne-jewelry.html)

DancingWithDragQueens said...

I've been loving your blog recently so I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. I thought this would be a fun one because your blog is so...well...versatile! I'd love to know some of the blogs you follow as well. I hope you'll check it out!
http://dancingwithdragqueens.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

Sara

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Love that skirt!

Hope you have a fab weekend!
Shia
World According to Shia

josie renee said...

There is something about speedy tickets that really get under my skin. Whenever I would get one I would harp on it for weeks! But, one time I showed up in court, the officer did not and the ticket was DISMISSED. Its when I decided that I would let go and let what happens happen!

I love the outfit you picked out for the weekend! That cupcake sounds interesting but looks absolutely delicious!

Lala H said...

i hate those tickets, hope you are having a better day now


Delightful Ideas

nate and amy crandell said...

Dang, bummer about the speeding ticket ;( But brownie points to your husband for not getting mad! Hope you had a good weekend :)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs