09 April 2013

When's the last time you logged onto Myspace?!

I was looking around the internet for old pictures the other day, when I remembered MySpace. You know... the one that was cool BEFORE Facebook? I remember when making your MySpace page pretty was the thing to do, and when friendships would be in jeopardy if you didn't include someone in your Top 8 haha. It was there that I found a gold mine of awkward high school memories.

WE GOT THE GOOD:




WE GOT THE BAD:
 

 
AND WE GOT THE JUST PLAIN WEIRD:
 

 


You're welcome. I'm pretty sure that just made us closer. Now I'd encourage you to see if you can remember your MySpace password, save the pictures worth saving, and wash your hands of the whole thing if you haven't already.


Now that you've seen the awkwardness of my youth unfold before you, I will now reveal 7 facts about myself that you may not have known before. I think you're ready. This comes in perfect timing with a versatile blogger award that I was tagged in :)
 
 
I was tagged by DancingWithDragQueens!  It's funny, because I have always said that I would love to have a drag queen teach me their makeup skills. You gotta admit, it's usually on point. So I stumbled across her blog and bazinga! This girl's makeup is flawless. I just barely started following her blog, but I am already the biggest fan of her tutorials. I think maybe if I read enough, I might pick up a few of her tricks!

HERE ARE THE RULES:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and link back to their blog.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself
3. Select 15 blogs that you recently discovered or follow regularly to nominate. Let those blogs know that you nominated them.


So here go my seven things!

1. I'm gonna start by explaining those just plain weird pictures up there. You know the fancy one with my hair on top of my head and every necklace I own draped over me? Well my friend and I used to flip through vogue until we found ads that were so weird we had to recreate them. Here's an example:

 
This is probably the fastest and easiest way to start a collection of awkward pictures. I wish I could find the ad that I was recreating up there, but from the looks of it...it was fierce.
 
2. The other weird photo from MySpace (the one with the tiara/bow/pink and teal eyeshadow) well, that one was from a talent show. A Lip Sync, to be more specific. Nobody in my highschool had a lot of talent, so every year people would pick songs to lip sync and perform to. That picture is from the day I was crowned "Queen of the Night" after performing Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun with a few of my friends. As you can see, I nailed it.
 
3. This is the part where I have to actually start thinking of facts about myself. Let's see...I once tried to chemically straighten my hair and FREAKED OUT once all the chemicals were on my head and rinsed it all off. It's okay every now and then to straighten my hair, but I wouldn't be me without curls.
 
4. I am a Nurse Tech, and my favorite thing about my job is the weird/gross/beautiful/interesting things that I get to see on a daily basis. I have seen babies be born, I have seen people die, and last memorial day I had the chance to talk to a man who was in the Navy and on the scene right after Pearl Harbor was bombed. The number one lesson I have learned is that we NEED TO EXERCISE. It's absolutely crucial. You don't want to know what happens to your body later in life if you stop using it now.

5. I think I have a super addictive personality because I am constantly becoming obsessed with different things. 9 times out of 10 it just kinda fades away, but in the beginning I can never tell, so I just have to wait and see if it lasts before I buy anything or do anything crazy, haha. For example, I once spent every waking moment researching and learning about hermit crabs and their habitats when a friend gave me hers. In the beginning I wanted to learn how to crochet hemp nets for them to climb on, have changing tables with various shells for them to choose from, and basically just dedicate every penny I earned and every minute I had towards them. That one faded away rather quickly.

6. I currently think, and have always believed, that I was born to be a mother. It goes beyond the "Oh I think it'd be nice to have kids one day" kinda thing. I already feel like I am in love with my future children even though I've never met them.

7. I am slowly discovering, with surprise, that I am an introvert! I have always thought I was an extrovert because I am very open with those who I feel comfortable with (blog friends included, I guess) but I am now realizing that I have way too many introvert tendencies..Being alone makes me happy, I have been known to take myself on dates to the movies or restaurant's, and for some reason answering the front door makes me so uncomfortable.


Well I am running out of the time I had to write this post so I am just going to end it right here and tag ANYONE who wants to participate. Seriously. Consider yourself tagged.

7 comments

Thien Do said...

What a fun post to read. Yeah...and about this MySpace venture...let's see what happens.

Stephanie + Walter said...

I wish I still had my myspace accounts so I could see the photos. But, I deleted mine a longgg time ago. Sigh.

karajean said...

Love those pictures! Classic myspace. I am so bummed I deleted my myspace account years ago. I would love to see my old pictures.

Courtney Ash said...

I kid you not! I was bored in class today and got on my old myspace..I was busting out laughing! Just imagine when we are 50 and look back on these photos!!!

Desiree Macke said...

My husband and I were just talking about MySpace and wondered if it even existed anymore?!?? Do people still have accounts and utilize them?
Looks like I know what I'll be doing with my evening.

Night Owler said...

Sadly I do remember my myspace page. Just wish I knew the link right off hand so I could see when the last time I logged in. Its probably been bout 5 or 6 yrs if not longer. Who knows.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, classic myspace pics! hahaha.. I am definitely an introvert as well - nothing like some alone time, nothing better.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs