13 May 2013

Nutella Cupcakes For Mother's Day

(Yes...a picture this big was necessary)
 
A couple of weeks ago I found an epic recipe, bought all the ingredients, and waited patiently for the perfect time to make it. As it turned out, Mother's Day was the perfect time I had been waiting for. I found the recipe via this pin, but for some reason my computer isn't taking me to the correct link anymore so I'll explain how I made them here.
 
1. Make devils food cupcakes. From the box, because we're semi-homemade like that.
 
2. Remove the core of the cupcakes while they cool so you can fill them with nutella.
 
3. For the frosting: Cream together 2 sticks of butter and one 13 oz jar of nutella...
                               Add about 1lb of powdered sugar until you get a consistency you like...
                               Add in a couple of teaspoons of half and half to make it a little creamy...
                               And finally, one teaspoon of vanilla.
                               (Bessssst frosting I've ever tasted)
 
4. Inject nutella into the cooled cupcakes.
 
5. Frost those puppies.
 
6. Maybe garnish with edible pearls, or a Ferrero Rocher if you're feeling super fancy that day.
 
 
Matthew told me that you couldn't get better cupcakes than these if you tried to buy some. 
Hearing him say that felt like a small victory because he's a very picky (and honest!) eater.
 
Anyways, my mommy was working on mothers day (and my mommy in law was in Philadelphia) so I had to package them up all cute and drop them off for her at the hospital before running to church.
 
 
 
 
  
All I can say, is we are very attached to our mommies over here at casa de la Crawley. I admit that since moving away from home I appreciate every little thing my mom has done for me that I took for granted all my life. As for Matthew, he definitely would not be the person he is today without his angel of a mother. I try not to say this as often as I think it, but I can not WAIT to meet my own babies one day, and honestly, I think I'll be a dang good mom with these two as my example.
 
 

4 comments

Rachel @ MyWholesomeHome said...

Those look (yes that picture was justified!) and SOUND amazing. Must try these!!!

Kaycie Eddie said...

Okay, these sound AMAZING. I'm definitely making them soon!

Brittany LeSueur said...

oh my goodness!! Obsessed with nutella and fererro rochea so making this is a MUST! Sounds heavenly!!! I am drooling as we speak

Marlen said...

oh my god so much nutella goodness. it's basically just a big ball of chocolate nutella pretending to be a cupcake. which is, you know, ideal. :)

xo Marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs