15 June 2013

Why do I love my daddy?


I love that he is basically just a big kid because he still plays with transformers, remote control airplanes, and video games. I love that he taught me how to love rollercoasters in my efforts to try to look cool and brave in front of him. I love that he worked on a broken foot for a long period of time while my mom was in nursing school because he would do anything for his family. I love that when he was finally in recovery he took me to my first concert and stood there in that swarming crowd on his crutches, making sure nobody would push me over. I love that he struck fear into the heart of every boy I ever dated. I love that he always leaves big tips for the good waiters/waitresses. I love that he knows ever answer to every game show question ever. I love that he gave me a taste for 80's and 90's rock bands. I love that for some reason, all the babies in the family gravitate towards the uncle with the soft heart and the calloused hands. I love that, in the summer, he drives the boat for hours to make sure everyone else happy, even though driving the boat gets really old after a while when there's nobody else skilled enough to let you have a turn in the water.





Happy Fathers day to him, and to every other man in my life that has made me who I am today.

3 comments

Rachel said...

Aww, your dad seems so sweet! Happy Father's day to him! -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

Susannah said...

How special!!! I hope your dad had an amazing father's day! :-)

Kristi said...

I have such good memories with that guy. I'm glad he kept a lot of the old traditions alive!!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs