05 June 2013

The First Year

So, the topic for this marriage link-up hosted by Wifessionals  (and nine other bloggers) is all about funny things that have happened during your first year of marriage. My first year isn't even over yet, but I feel that I have something to contribute to this haha.

 
 
 
Let's see....funny things that have happened during the first year...
 
Okay! Got one. How about when I wanted to try to make steak for my new husband, so the day before we wanted to have it for dinner I took it out to tenderize and marinate it. He came over so sweetly and asked what he could do to help, so I let him tenderize it while I pulled things out to marinate it in...when I looked over and saw his method. When he noticed me staring he looked up and said "You're probably gonna want to capture this behind the scenes moment on instagram, aren't you?" Yes. Yes I did. (And that steak tasted awful, by the way, because he convinced me to marinate it in Sunny Delight. Just imagine chewing something with the flavor of Sunny Delight and the texture of steak...)
 
 
 
Our first holiday after we got married happened to be my favorite one - Halloween. I worked on Halloween and so we didn't do anything special (besides stopping by a Halloween party the week before), but I was upset at the thought of missing this! So the day after Halloween I went out and bought a pumpkin, decorations, and candy corn in hopes that we could celebrate a day late. I think he thought I was a little crazy when he came home tired after a day at work, and our apartment was all Halloween-ed out. I made him wear these glasses, and you can really see his Halloween spirit shining through in this picture he was thrilled to be a part of.
 
 

 
 
On his birthday I was stressing out a little because it was the first birthday we ever celebrated as a married couple and I was working! I knew he didn't want a lot of money spent on him, but I felt like I had to still show him that I cared about his birthday since he made mine (a week and a half before our wedding) so wonderful. I tried to surprise him by decorating the night before while he was out, but he came home in the middle of me trying to string these balloons together! He just stopped at the doorway, and I looked at him and was about to start crying (things like that are important to new wives) but he said "You know what...I actually forgot something..." and he walked back out the door to give me more time. He came back a half hour later with ice cream for us, and even acted surprised to see the balloons. After I felt better and wasn't about to cry anymore, he told me he loved his new Octopus baby cave. We had just watched a documentary about Octopi, where we learned that they string their eggs from the ceiling in a cave, and caress them continually. He spent the rest of the evening caressing balloons like a daddy Octopus.
 
 
 
Those are just a couple of stories off the top of my head, and I'm sure there will be many more to come by the time this first year is over! We are both pretty strong willed, so our first year has been one of those hard ones you hear people talking about, but it has all been so worth it. Every trial, big or small, has only made our love grow in the best possible way - as cliché as that sounds.

9 comments

Gayle said...

Oh my goodness those stories are too cute. I think you just gave my my next idea of what to do for my bf's birthday. Baby octopi! :)

Rachel Lynn said...

That last picture is cracking me up. It's something I can see my Hubby doing...

My Wholesome Home

Thien Do said...

Such cute stories :) I love that he walked out to let you finish your octopus project :p that was really sweet of him

Kenzie Smith said...

I am so glad that you shared these stories :D You two sounds SO perfect for each other!!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

oh my gracious the steak story! That is SO something my husband would do! I wrote about some kitchen stories on mine, men in the kitchen haha

haha and I LOVE the birthday story, what a sweet man! :)

glad you linked up with us!

Essie said...

You guys are too cute! :) I love all the pictures!

Do you have a twitter?

xoxo
Essie
www.DeJour06.com

Gail said...

hehe so funny ! love the halloween piccy ! Gail x

Ashley R said...

I love this. :) Halloween is my favorite too!

Brittany said...

I love that he walked out and came back later to let you finish setting up for his birthday!! Seriously that is amazing :)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs