07 July 2013

4th of July Happenings

Independence Day felt sort of like early Christmas over here at casa de la Crawley. Mattie and I very rarely get a day off together, so when we woke up and remembered that neither of us had to leave for work, we just cuddled and cuddled until our shock wore off. Eventually, I grew hungry and ran to go make some flag toast. Eh. It's not really as tasty as it looks. Still adorable though, I may continue the practice based solely on that.
 
Then, the cuddling continued on the couch where we watched a movie. I didn't even choose a Disney Princess movie this time! Mattie appreciated that...
 

I had planned out what outfit I wanted to wear to the pool a week in advance, and I was really excited to finally be wearing it. We headed over to our aunt and uncle's house for lunch and swimming!



Nicest. Pool. Ever. The water was just...I don't know, perfect.
Could have stayed in there all day, but the food kept calling my name.
 

Then we moved the party over to my in-law's house for fireworks, a snake feeding, and - of course - more food.


The fireworks were under strict order to be "safe and sane" which basically translates to LOUD and smoky. My ears are still ringing. We blasted through all of the "safe and sane" fireworks long before dark, thanks to the three stooges.



Could someone have possibly snuck in some not-so safe and sane ones..?


When we were about to start lighting off the bigger guys, I got this brilliant plan to ask my mother in law if I could use her DSLR to take pictures of them. I was so giddy excited, and really had a good time with the shutter speed. 99% of the pictures are junk, but it was fun!

I loved using a long shutter speed and seeing the crazy result, so that's what most of them look like.
 





^^ My favorite one


Haha, see the fire that this one started? Not so safe and sane.
Happy happy birthday, America.

11 comments

Sally said...

That pool looks so fun & relaxing!! best part of the 4th is just to hang out and relax....love the firework pics....

and um snake feeding......GULP.

Kaycie Eddie said...

I LOVE the firework photos you posted! Looks like such a fun 4th of July!

Lindsay said...

Cool firework pictures! Oh, and I'm totally jealous that you have a pool to just jump into. There are far too few outdoor pools in Utah (and since I'm a wimp and don't like pools that aren't heated, there are even fewer options). :)

Southern Gal said...

That pool...wow! You did a great job with the fireworks photos. Mine didn't turn out great at all.

The reason my flowers are growing at all is because we've had record rains this summer. Otherwise, they would be looking pretty terrible about now.

(I tried to email a reply to your comment at my blog and it says your email isn't working. Just thought I'd let you know!)

Kenzie Smith said...

Sounds like you had an amazing 4th of July! I love the pictures you took, they turned out really neat!

Jennifer Martinez said...

those are great pictures of fireworks! I can never seem to get any good ones...

And whaaaat? A snake feeding? EEKKK!

Brittany said...

I love that pool!! So cool. And the fireworks pictures are amazing!! Love your pool outfit :)

Veronica Lee Burns said...

cuddling days are the best...pretty sure that's what most Sundays look like for since Kevin works Saturdays.

Looks like you had a great 4th!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

cuddling days are the best...pretty sure that's what most Sundays look like for since Kevin works Saturdays.

Looks like you had a great 4th!

Sarah Shumate said...

GORGEOUS fireworks shots!!! Wow!

The whole snake feeding thing, though? Yuck. I had to watch that one time, too, and I'll never be the same.

Ashley R said...

Such a cute outfit. This looks like so much fun!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs