01 July 2013

Dancing is for the dreamers.

When you listen to music, do you ever just sit there and let your mind drift off? I always get lost in this little daydream where I'm the director of a creative photo-shoot inspired by whatever song I'm listening to. A lot of the time, ballet is involved.  The makeup is dramatic, the costumes are gorgeous, and the dance moves are superhuman. I youtube dance videos on the regular, and here is one of my favorites:



The other day, I got to watch real life dancers as they executed routines that were previously only someone else's daydream. My little cousins take dance classes at this little studio, and once a year everyone performs a couple of songs at the recital. Three hours worth of hip hop, jazz, tap, aaand ballet make for a pretty happy Laynah.

My cousin Violet is a beautiful ballerina, but she's young enough that half the girls in her class are still a little lost in the choreography, and it's adorable.

Wyatt is the most high energy little boy. He performed a hero dance routine with all the boys his age...they were all dressed up in superhero costumes and really owned the stage. It was hilarious, and of course...followed by more little ballerinas dancing to the song "Fashion is my Kryptonite" Haha.

Zach is getting older and is starting to do higher level hip hop stuff. I was impressed with his skills.

And their mom, Kristi, is talented as well! I remember going to watch her when she had high school performances, and seeing her the other day during a routine for the teachers gave me deja vu! Oh, and yeah, she's a teacher. She choreographed a few of the tap routines. So cool.

Unfortunately, it was hard to get a decent shot of this talented family when the show was over. Those little dancers were sick and tired of being the center of attention haha.



 
Here's some trivia for you...
One of the first comments Matthew made to me after meeting my family was about Violet.
 He said something along the lines of "That is a really pretty little girl."



 
It's not hard to see why.

9 comments

Susannah said...

How adorable! I love watching little dancers. :-)

Brooke said...

Super cute! I loved ballet when I was little... wish I'd stuck with it!

Rachel Lynn said...

On the subject of dance, do you ever just have a dance party by yourself? That's not just me right?

My Wholesome Home

Deepti Sharma said...

Hi...nice blog...would you like to follow each other on both gfc and bloglovin..?
let me know...

http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

Kristi said...

That was so sweet, Laynah! You made my day. I'm so glad you could come, and Violet loves being able to see you! She still thinks Matt is your boyfriend! Love you!

Sara SHOEmaker said...

oh my adorable-ness. those kids are absolutely darling! I love seeing little kid performers it's so cute.

Stephanie said...

SO SO CUTE! I can't tell you how much I want Avery to do ballet. So far she's more into sports, but I'm crossing my fingers! : )

Erica Malcolm Bartlett said...

Aww I love watching kids perform... they are the sweetest and usually steal the show.

Erica Malcolm Bartlett said...

Aww I love watching kids perform... they are the sweetest and usually steal the show.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs