31 August 2013

Confessions of a Crazy Camera Lady

I know everyone is looking forward to Fall right now, but over here in California we are still knee deep in summer! Its a good thing too, because I don't think I've had enough beach time yet. Today we took advantage of the only Saturday I've had off in August and spent the day at Leo Carrillo with some friends! 

^ too bad you cant see the view behind this sign, because it was beautiful

^ surfing into the rocks






^ Exclusive behind the scenes moment: I refused to pee in this porta potty, so Mattie took the liberty of lining it for me haha. That's a true expression of love if I ever saw one...of course I had to use it after this though, yuck. 




^ Later, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory and I was loving the view from our outside table.

Also at the Cheesecake Factory, it dawned on me that I am truly a crazy camera lady. As I whipped out my point and shoot to take this photo I mumbled "This would probably be normal if I had an iPhone..." and our friend Lindy admitted that she had just been thinking the same thing! I have carried a camera everywhere I've gone for as long as I can remember, and have never thought anything of it... but today I realized that smart phones are making people like me a dying breed. Just imagine how much crazier it will seem when I get a DSLR and randomly whip it out like that! BTW, if you had any doubts that I am indeed a crazy camera lady...yes I will also carry my DSLR with me everywhere.

Sami's Shenanigans

10 comments

Lex said...

Okay, how fun is this?? I want to play in the ocean.

:)

Kendra Klingler said...

I hate those porte potties. Last year in Mary we traveled to New Mexico and we stopped at four corners. Well their bathrooms had a big deep hole. I have always been scared of those. I ended up peeing in the trashcan in the bathroom stall I was in. Whoops. lol

Japolina said...

Great shots!

Thien Do said...

There's no shame in busting the camera out!

Erica said...

Such a beautiful day, and I'm glad you still get to enjoy summer! I love that expression of love, and that you unashamedly take photos...

Brittany said...

ahh I hate port potties too. So gross! That is funny that he lined it for you though :)

Ashley R said...

Great photos! I <3 California. :)

Autumn said...

These are beautiful pictures and what a BEAUTIFUL couple you and your husband are!

This makes me want to visit California again!

I love my DSLR, but I once had a lens break on it and it cost a lot of money to fix it. I ended up getting a Tough camera from Nikon so we can take it for hiking, swimming, etc so I won't ruin mine. I bought Camera+ and Afterlight for my iPhone and I have been really surprised at how nice the photos are.

scrapperjen said...

This makes me long for California! Great photos.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful pictures! And I'm totally the crazy DSLR camera lady. I take it EVERYWHERE. My husband just rolls his eyes, and then poses where I tell him to. It's all good. : )

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs