16 August 2013

Selfie with an elk? Challenge accepted.

The most exciting place we visited during our vacation was the Olympic game farm. Just a huuge lot filled with random creatures (zebra, yak, llama, elk) which you drive through, feeding the animals wheat bread. I don't know...they just go bananas over it... the first go around we took 3 loaves of bread, and the second time we took 6! 










Oh, and there were also some carnivores in their own separate cages, but I only got pictures of the bears. There were also lions, tigers, wolves...a bobcat...I don't know. Just, lots.

The thing about these pictures, is that they don't convey the complete CHAOS that ensues when you have a herd of elk swarming your vehicle trying to get at your wheat bread, or a buffalo practically in your lap. They are definitely not deterred by screams of laughter or fear either...

Well, the second time, I got this bright idea to take a selfie with an elk.
Mattie, as your typical male, usually hates pictures but he was all for this. 
It took a couple of tries...


But we nailed it!


And then I took advantage of his willingness to smile for the camera and got a normal selfie too.


But who cares about that when I now have a SELFIE WITH AN ELK??

6 comments

Thien Do said...

Selfie with an elk! gotta love it haha

Sally said...

I love this!! I LOVE feeding animals.....now I pretend that it's all for Mace's enjoyment when we feed the goats and llamas at the zoo......for like an hour.....but let's be real.....

Jennifer Martinez said...

oh my that's terrifying.

Brittany said...

That is so cool! I would love to do that although I am sure I would be freaking out the entire time

Erica said...

That does look like chaos! But a selfie with an elk?? Beats all the puppy-selfies out there. For sure!

Kenzie Smith said...

We've been wanting to go to the game farm for quite some time now. Looks like you guys had a blast!! Love the selfie with an elk :D

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs