13 August 2013

Why I take pictures of everything

I read a quote once (and now I can't remember who said it) about how you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. This quote pretty much explains why I am so snap happy. 

I almost didn't take any pictures of our apartment before we moved out because it seemed over the top... but I hated the thought of forgetting what our first place looked like. Of course, I am the most sentimental person alive, but still. If these walls could talk they would tell you all about how we worked out our first fights (and how frequent those were), and they would tell you about how immature we are when we're alone together, chasing each other around and laughing our heads off. This is where we learned how to be married

The living room with the lamp that caused all sorts of problems, haha.
Matthew thinks its just the ugliest thing!

Dining room.
Of course it never looked like this because the table became a catch-all for all of our junk.

The collage frame with the photo it came with still in the top right, 
because I only printed eight 5x7's

The front bathroom with the shower we stored miscellaneous things in.

Our bedroom. It didn't have any lights when we moved in, and I fell in love with these lamps at Lowes but they were too expensive and Mattie HATED them. One day I came home from work and he had them set up on those night stands for me. The nightstands were also a surprise.

Goodbye, our little ghetto home!

We probably wont miss it, but we'll definitely think fondly of it and laugh inwardly at the shenanigans that only we know took place there. We are so over the moon, giddy excited for our next chapter!




9 comments

Erica said...

Aw I love taking photos of where we live! I have a photo of my room from most years, and of our flat before this one... it's cool to look back and see how things and my taste has changed!
How special are those lamps, and especially the story behind them! :)

Veronica Lee Burns said...

Exactly how I feel!

Courtney Ash said...

Soooo excited for you! My mom instilled this photo obsession in me. Growing up she always told me her biggest regret in life was not taking pictures when she was my age cause now she has nothing to show me or to look back on! So KEEP SNAPPING! Also, I saw a cute project on pinterest where they framed the key from their first house together it was REALLY cute!!!!! Hope your having a beautiful day <3

Kate said...

Congrats on the move! I think I took a million pictures too before my husband and I moved out of our first place together!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Martinez said...

love love love this!! "If the walls could talk"- so great. We're moving too! bittersweet! Mostly sweet ;)

Alexandra Marie said...

This is cute. I don't have any pictures of my first place, but I kind of wish that I did. It is amazing how much has changed already!

Elsha said...

We are moving tomorrow and my sentiments exactly! Goodbye ghetto home!! Although I would have loved to live in that nice of a ghetto;)

Ashley R said...

The first apartment is SUCH a good memory. We had ours in Orem, and I'll never forget the green stove or the cockroaches we had at one point, but I love the memories!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs