17 September 2013

A memory I'd like to relive.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about my choice to become a nurse. I really wish I had listened to my mom in high school and signed up for beauty school instead! I took it as an insult then (don't you dare tell me I wont be good at whatever I choose to be good at!), but now I see exactly where she was coming from.

I also kind of regret the day I picked out my wedding dress. I was very self centered because I was scared of making the wrong decision and I should have relaxed a little and just enjoyed the day. I also think I might have chosen different bridesmaid dresses? 


But you can't choose a day to relive because you have regrets! You choose it because that particular day stands out as so wonderful that you could live it over and over again...based on that I would probably choose my wedding day. I tried really hard to not be cliche but it was simply the best day ever. 

My favorite part was sitting in the temple together in silence, minutes away from taking the elevator up to the sealing room where we would become husband and wife. I remember the man who married us coming in, breaking the silence to ask if we wanted to do a traditional "you may now kiss the bride" kinda thing, or forego the kissing with a more conservative ending. Matthew hesitated but I said "We'll be kissing." I could NOT believe that was even a question! Later he announced my eagerness to kiss my new husband in front of everyone, haha. 


I suppose if I ever really did have the option to relive that day, I couldn't take it juuust in case I found a way to screw it up the second time around. It wouldn't be that hard, seeing as how the day really was perfect. Linking up with Jenni.

8 comments

Katie said...

Ahahaha I love that your sealer announced that to everyone. Awesome. And I can relate to this in so many ways. There are things about my wedding that I would change now, but all of the really important things were perfect. Like being in the temple :)

Kenzie Smith said...

Those are such gorgeous pictures! I couldn't help but chuckle that your sealer announced your eagerness to kiss your soon to be husband :)

scrapperjen said...

Lovely, lovely wedding pictures. I'm glad you enjoyed your special day!

Lindsay said...

I think your wedding dress and your bridesmaid dresses are both pretty. I think we can all think of things we'd do differently (I would have had professional bridal pictures taken), but in the end the memories you have of your wedding day are the most important. :)

Erica said...

Haha... I'd also like to relive my wedding day, but share the fear of messing it up the second time round - I'll rather relive my perfect memories of it :D

Stephanie said...

It looks like it was beautiful, dresses and all...especially the dresses!

Kimberly said...

I got married in LA as well! I love love love your colors.

Ashley R said...

Aw I love this. I kinda feel the same way about reliving my big day... I wouldn't want to mess it up. haha! For the record, you and your bridesmaids looked beautiful!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs