12 September 2013

This one's about music

So recently I found the iPod that I had allll through highschool!
I thought it had gotten stolen when this happened...

Well, now I know that somebody broke my window just to break it...anyway, it's so crazy how listening to the songs on an old iPod is like a time machine! Since I found it, I've been reliving all my old high school ups and downs/remembering old favorites I had completely forgotten. Then I saw this linkup and of course I had to jump on board.

These are the songs that define me:

I'm starting off with Wild One because it has always been my all time favorite song. I'm 99.9% sure  Faith wrote it about me...that other .1% is because I never dated a boy named Bill lol. My very favorite part is "They tell her life is hard, she says 'that's allright!'"


This one reminds me of the fear and excitement of growing up and trying to decide who the HECK I was...as dramatically as possible.


When I started having feelings for Matthew I was terrified. I was sure he was the wrong choice because so many people in my life were against me having anything to do with him... But at the same time it felt so right and I couldn't decide if it really was right or if I was lying to myself. 


This one has given me a sense of empowerment every time I've heard it since it came out...one of those 'you can do anything you set your mind to' kind of songs. Also, I feel like everyone hates the video...I really like it, but obviously it's interpretive. I heard somewhere that a lot of the people in the video are cancer survivors and I liked that rumor so much I never bothered to double check it for fear it might be false haha.


This song fills me with a sense of peace. I have no idea what it's about, but I actually have this entire Metallica CD memorized. When this song comes on I like to picture ballerinas in their black tutus dancing to it, the juxtaposition delights me.

,

This is our wedding song and Mattie dances with me every time it comes on.


And finally, this is my favorite hymn. I can't sing it without choking up.


I've always been amazed at how music can say in words exactly how you feel. There are so many different types of music because there are so many different types of people, and I think you can learn a lot about a person from the songs they listen to. I really enjoyed writing this post!

Helene in Between

7 comments

Veronica Lee Burns said...

You've got some good ones in here! Oh Avril, it's been so long.

ps: so sorry your car got broken into!

Helene said...

oh no! so sorry!!

firework is such a powerful song, i love it!

Kate said...

I couldn't agree more! music has always defined the smallest to the most significant parts of my life! loved your post

Kate @ Daffodils said...

My oldest son found our ipod one day and asked whose phone it was.. hard to believe that the ipod is almost obsolete too! My old playlists are like a time machine, it is fun to have.

Kendra Klingler said...

I REMEMBER THAT!!!

scrapperjen said...

Glad you found your ipod. Those are fantastic songs!

Kimberly said...

My students wanted to pick fireworks for our Prom theme. . . I must be quite a bit older than you :)

I remember after the shooting in December, the kids I nannied were having a dance party and the song Fireworks came on. Four kids (one was my own) dancing to that song just made me tear up. I will always remember that moment.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs