01 October 2013

Quarter Life Crisis

This is one of those blog posts where I don't really know what I am going to write about. 
I just have a couple of thoughts floating around so I decided to hit the keyboard and hope for the best.

My new job is wonderful. I've only worked there for two days and already its making me see how absolutely miserable I was at my last job. I know that I had to reach my breaking point at juuuust the right time or else I would've never landed the job I did, but dang, I have been so unhappy for so LONG.  I wish I could go back to my unhappy self and say "Hang in there, it wont be long before you get it..."



I'm pretty sure this whole experience counts as a quarter life crisis. Throwing away two years worth of school because I changed my mind was not an easy thing to do. Now it's all laid out on the table, I am standing my ground, and everyone is fully aware that I have no idea what I'm doing. Shoot.

But you know what? It's not even as bad as I thought it would be. I'm 22 and that means I'm allowed to not have it all figured out yet. Even if I were the one lone person on the face of this Earth who agreed that I was making the right decision, at least I was true to myself. Fortunately though, that's not the case, because I know someone who cares about my happiness even more than his own...


My sweet goofball of a husband.

3 comments

Katie said...

Dang girl, this sounds so similar to when I quit grad school about a year-and-a-half ago. It took me a semester-and-a-half (because apparently I like halves tonight) and thousands of dollars to figure out that it just wasn't what I really wanted. But you know what? When I quit, I just felt so FREE. And happy. Truly happy for the first time in months, even though I'm sure so many around me wondered why I had "wasted my time."

Good for you for being true to yourself, and to your Heavenly Father. Those are the only things that really matter anyway.

Jennie said...

So glad you are loving your new job, it makes a world of difference!
Doing a giveaway, would love for you to check it out!
http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

It's OK to change your mind! Choosing a career is incredibly hard — and even when you have your degree, you might find that you don't want a job in that field. Glad you found a new job that you enjoy!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs