16 October 2013

The Perfect First Anniversary Gift

I thought my anniversary gift to Matthew was so dang cute it deserved its own post.


I don't know if you know that the traditional first anniversary gift is paper, but I really wanted to play with that. When I noticed a few weeks ago that my anniversary was sneaking up on me, naturally the first place I  went to look for ideas was Pinterest. The one that stood out to me the most was a "favor jar" with 52 little favors inside for your honey to pick out every weekend...but all of the pins I found had broken links that didn't go back to their source!

This actually turned out to be a good thing, because it forced me to come up with my own cute little poem instead of using someone else's. Here's my version:


As you can see, I was planning on doing a jar at first, but when I got the idea for a paper box I felt like it would be so much more unique (it seems like we get real excited to put stuff in jars every chance we get haha). I learned how to make one from this tutorial, then I cut out my poem as well as a slightly bigger heart to frame it a little. Filled it with 52 mini scrolls with sweet favors written on them, and voila! Cutest gift you can make for $5



PS - I also cut a square piece of glitter paper and put it in the bottom with cotton balls underneath to elevate it and make the bottom part of the box seem a little more shallow. 

7 comments

Stacia, the Homey Owl said...

Such a cute idea! I'm a newly wed, too, and I still have a ways to go before we hit our one year, but an idea like this is great for many occasions. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Martinez said...

that's awesome! totally using this!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

that really is cute!
and you're right, we do love putting things in jars! haha

Sally said...

Yep, awesome gift!! Great idea and it turned out super cute!

Lavinia said...

I never got to see it. It looks great! Very creative

Wendy May said...

How cute, great imagination!
And, Happy Anniversary!

Rachel said...

Cute!! There are so many gift ideas you can make with paper! I got my husband a journal for us to share to write to each other in.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs