17 November 2013

Just going through my monthly "craft cycle"

Last year I didn't send out Christmas Cards because I barely had thank you cards from our wedding sent out. This year I have Photoshop and 50 free prints from Costco so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to pretty up my own little design and call it good, right? One problem...I have no experience in design or Photoshop and I keep getting mad that my final product never looks as good as it did in my head. My husband recently pointed out to me that I have a craft cycle, and it goes like this: I jump from hobby to hobby and every time I start something new, I'm not very good at it, I get discouraged, and I give up and try something else. Vicious I tell you.

So I'm doing my best to break this cycle. Hubby says if I could just be patient I'll become much better with practice. So I've been creating Christmas card after Christmas card, and I think I really am getting better the more I try.

This is the first one I tried making (about a month ago) and I just think its a little too busy. Also, WHY in the world did I make the letters all crooked like that? So awkward.


For the second one I kind of went the opposite way, but is it too simple that it becomes boring? I can't really tell. Either way, I do like it better and I can see my husband's logic. The only thing more frustrating than trial and error is trying a 100 things and sucking at all of them because I'm too impatient to master any of them haha. 


It's time for me to quit quitting.


Much Ado About Somethin


8 comments

Lindsay said...

I think number two is fun! I have the same problem with crafts. I try something new and I'm terrible at it, so I just give up. My closet is full of unfinished craft projects that I thought would be a good idea. Someday I'll finish something. :)

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

I'm in the same boat! I took on the insanity of making my own Christmas cards in photoshop. I took the pictures this weekend and I started working on the pictures tonight. I just want to poke my eyes out! I just can't seem to grasp that program! Grrr...

Erica said...

I really love the second one! :)

E. Erquitt said...

I really like the second one! Keep at it!

Brittany said...

The second one looks great!! You should use it

Rachel Lynn said...

I have the same problem with Photoshop. Pinterest tutorials! Seriously. or just Google. I do both and usually can find what I need/am trying to do. Good luck!

My Wholesome Home

Kimberly said...

I don't think the second one is boring at all!

I'm totally the same way with sports, or dance (which is a sport I guess, so never mind that I added it on). I'm not very good so I give up after one try. Need to stop that!

Stephanie said...

I like the second one! Also, your blog looks AMAZING!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs