06 December 2013

Housewife Bucket List

I've been married for a little over a year, and in that year I've had a lot of time to think of ways to improve myself and my marriage. I keep this unofficial list in the back of my mind...some of them are a constant effort and some of them are one and done type things, but all of them are things I have challenged myself to do at some point in my life. For giggles and grins, I thought I'd share it.

My official housewife bucket list:

1. Follow a cleaning schedule FOR AT LEAST A WEEK. I can never stick to those.
2. Make a Pecan Pie without screwing it up (Matt's Favorite)
3. Learn how to iron. I hesitate to add this one, because I am so bad at it that Matthew just says "That's okay...I'll iron my own clothes." 



4. Budget I get to cross this one off because I love the budgeting system Mattie and I use.
5. Have a baby. Let's be real.
6. CLOTH DIAPER said baby. Don't tell me its too inconvenient. I'm trying this.

7. Learn what all those stupid little symbols mean on the tags of clothes.
8. Know a recipe so well that I don't have to read the instructions.
9. Make my own recipe.
10. Become that girl you know who makes the BEST chocolate chip cookies.


11. Bake and decorate a wedding sized cake.
12. Sew a quilt.
13. Throw a themed party.


14. Decorate my home to match holidays/seasons
15. Host Thanksgiving dinner at my home.
16. Try making my own laundry soap.


17. Know how to remove any stain.
18. Have a garden.
19. Be polite even when I feel frustrated/tired/sad
20. Make a piece of furniture.
21. Make sure my actions are telling my husband that I love him everyday.
22. Have a Christ centered home.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

10 comments

Japolina said...

Good luck with those cloth diapers. Changing 12 diapers a day is bad enough without having to wash them! Ha.
Visit my blog for a great giveaway this week http://japolina.blogspot.com/2013/12/another-giveaway-from-bowtie-kids.html

Kenzie S said...

I love the idea of a housewife bucket list! How fun :D We make our own laundry soap and it lasts forever and smells great! We love it. Good luck with your list!

Kate said...

this is a great idea! I think I may have to make a housewife bucket list myself :)

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Wifessionals is running a series on cloth diapering and it is fabulous! She breaks it down into the simplest way to cloth diaper. So nonintimidating. You should check it out and pin it for later.

Jennifer Martinez said...

I love this!!! I think I can agree with every single one- except the Pecan Pie... I made that for the first time this Thanksgiving and it was so wonderful. And easy!!

Rebecca Mashay said...

I love this! I just started blogging and I think I'm going to do this too! Love your blog by the way. So cute :)

Lifeandlovewithmrfleming.blogspot.com

Stacia, the Homey Owl said...

Those are great things to have on a housewife bucket list! I love it. I may just have to create one of my own - I'm sure there are a bunch of subconscious things like this on my mind, but it would be fun to write them down.

Sally said...

Can my list be pretty much the same? This is great!! And soooo true what Stacia said.....I think these things subconsciously all the time.....but should totally write them down and hold myself to it.

Erica said...

I love this list... I think I might even have to steal some ideas and make my own.

McKayJoice said...

This is a quite ambitious list.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs