19 December 2013

Proof that I work in "The Office"

The Office is one of Matthew and I's FAVORITE shows. That's why I was delighted to learn that my new office resembles the show on TV! For starters, my boss is Michael. Obviously not THE Michael Scott, but more like his long lost -just as awkward - cousin. Oh and his name really is Michael. True story.


Something that Michael my boss and Michael Scott (and my husband!) have in common is that they get a kick out of making awkward situations out of thin air. I'm pretty sure Michael Scott didn't realize what he was doing most of the time, but Michael my boss definitely does! Some recent quotes that I've been keeping track of include:

"Your Christmas decorations make me want to chew on them."

"WHAT IS IN YOUR HAIR? That is the most massive bun I've ever seen!"

"Ooh, are you going out on a date tonight? Well give your boyfriend a smooch for me...look him in the eyes tonight and say 'this is from Michael' okay?"

 You get the idea, right? It's craziness. He is also distracted by any brightly colored accessories the ladies in the office might be wearing at the time and if you're lucky, he does an impersonation of what your earrings look like when they're dancing around under your ears every time you turn your head.

But wait, there's more! He also keeps this on his desk...
(I actually just snuck in there to take a photo of it right now)


All that aside, the most incriminating piece of evidence I have against him is that he did his own little version of the Dundee Awards at the Christmas party! I kid you not, he called every single person up to bestow upon them an award for some silly characteristic they have (and no, he does not watch The Office). This of course was accompanied by a sweet message about how much he appreciates each of us individually, but still! Total Dundee status. I can't get enough of it - my office is just so much fun!




PS - My award, by the way, was "CANDY QUEEN" because somebody noticed that I eat candy for breakfast sometimes, hahaha. Oops. Luckily it came with the next days breakfast - a box of chocolates!

PSS - My boss also happens to be my Uncle, so I am allowed to call him out on Blogland any time I want.

3 comments

Bekah @ re•solve said...

bahahaa!

Kenzie S said...

The things your boss/uncle says are hilarious!

Ashley R said...

LOL, this definitely made me laugh out loud.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs