16 January 2014

Do you ever get mistaken for your sister in law?

So I never put up a Christmas post, but my guess is that you already have a pretty good idea of what happened. We hung out with family, ate delicious food, and opened presents! I just started going through some of our pictures from Christmas Eve, and I did a double take when I scrolled through the one of me...in the little camera screen it took me a second to realize it was me and not Sara!


Aaaand now I know why everyone kept calling me Sara that night. Haha. Is it creepy or cute that my husband found a lady who kind of resembles his sister? Anyways, I don't mind because I kind of like her a lot. In fact, it's probably a good thing neither of us a biological sister because somebody would get their feelings hurt that I like Sara more than any of them. She is the all-in-one best friend/sister every girl dreams of having.

In other news, I'm not sure if I like my hair bone straight like this. For one: I have to pay someone to do it because I can't sit there that long doing it myself only to end up with bumps and waves everywhere, and for two: I don't really feel like me!

However, I have been verrryy interested in hot rollers lately. I'm bad at curling my hair with a curling iron, but when somebody else does it it looks beautiful - silky curls instead of frizzy ones, you know? Dumb question: how do you not burn yourself if the rollers are hot when you put them in? That concern is basically the only thing keeping me from having hair like this everyday:


PS - Isn't this mistletoe we got for Christmas adorable?? Not that it's necessary...


6 comments

Brittany said...

Very cute mistletoe. Crazy how alike you guys look!!

Erica said...

Wow, you guys do look similar!
And your hair looks so thick and long straightened, though I've always envied girls with curls. (probably because I haven't had to deal with curls ;) )

Erica said...

Wow, you guys do look similar!
And your hair looks so thick and long straightened, though I've always envied girls with curls. (probably because I haven't had to deal with curls ;) )

Rachel Lynn said...

The hot curlers I had were coated on the ends to not get hot. So the middle was obviously hot (where you wrap your hair, but the ends you could grab and roll. It took me a few tries to not still burn my fingers, but after some practice you should be fine. Good luck!

My Wholesome Home

Shannon said...

That is just so fun to have a sister in law that is also your best friend. I hope I get that lucky as well.

Now about the hair situation... I use hot rollers all. the. time. and they are great to throw in your hair and then keep getting ready while they set. As far as the finger burning risk...it happens, work fast! lol. My only real suggestion is dpn't hold the end that was closest to the base because that's where it's hottest. Once you get the hair wrapped around a few times it protects your fingers. Or maybe mine are just immune to it now... good luck!

Ashley R said...

Aw, you two are both so pretty!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs