26 January 2014

Me and My Makeup


Today's topic on the Sunday Social is makeup, and I just haad to participate because I'm pretty sure makeup was my first true love. Yeah, there have been times when my relationship with my makeup was probably less than healthy (see below) but I always come running back for more haha. 




When I was in high school I had a full blown makeup obsession. I watched hours of makeup videos on YouTube every week, and had a massive collection that I would use to turn myself into whoever I wanted to be that day. It was practically my identity. Today, my love for makeup still runs deep, but is far more appropriate and I also feel comfortable leaving the house without it.



I must confess though, I still watch YouTube makeup videos often. I have this inner fan girl in me that just swoons over Blair aka juicystar07, and I'm convinced that we'd be BFF's if we ever met. Actually, we've totally met because I'm a stalker like that and I went to a meet-up just to take a picture with her.



1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I think I wore lip gloss in middle school because I was just too lazy to put the time into anything more. I probably officially started wearing makeup in high school - although it makes me cringe now, because I didn't understand the benefits of blush or filling in my eyebrows...and I really over estimated the power of eyeliner.

2. What are your top 3 favorite beauty products? NARS blush, Makeup Forever HD Foundation, and the beauty blender sponge. 
3. What is one makeup product you don’t leave home without? Chapstick? The way my face looks when I leave the house is how it's going to stay. Aint nobody got time for touch-ups.
4. What is your daily beauty routine? AM: toner, dark spot corrector of some kind, primer, then makeup // PM: wash and exfoliate, toner, moisturizer. But that's a rough version, I'm still trying to perfect it because I feel like it's missing something...
5. What is your favorite hair/makeup product you’ve discovered in the last year? Makeup Forever HD Foundation. But now I need to find a really good primer so that the foundation can really do it's job. 

3 comments

Denise said...

I refuse to go anywhere without chapstick! If I can't find it, I start to panic haha. Makeup was definitely my first true love too!

Erica said...

I love how bright your makeup was! I've never really got into makeup - I blame the ban on it at school ;)

Stephanie said...

These photos are amazing! I'm so not a makeup person, but I wish I was sometimes. I pin a lot of makeup tutorials on pinterest and then never try them. HAHA!

P.S. The jewelry from your last post is AMAZING! What great pieces!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs