REASONS TO BE JEALOUS OF SICK PEOPLE:
1. I'm kind of a hyperchondriac so when I don't have mild colds to distract me I am often diagnosing myself with debilitating or chronic conditions. (Right now I'm convinced that I have arthritis and possibly epilepsy. Not even kidding.)
2. That voice that makes you sound like you have a smoking problem is kinda fun (read: sexy).
3. You can do nothing all day and not even feel bad about it.
4. Nobody will judge you for living off of broccoli cheese soup, chicken noodle, and hot apple cider. I personally want to live off of these things on a daily basis during winter.
5. Sweatpants and lounge wear and no makeup - again, nobody will judge you.
Welp, I got sick last week and it turns out that it's not exactly all its cracked up to be. I'm guessing if you're reading this you already knew that. Seriously though, how do people do this on a regular basis? I'm hiding away in my dungeon right now, but I see actual sick people going about their daily business all. the. time. I choose to blame them for my misconceptions, because they make it look so easy. If you're like me, and you never get sick, let me tell you how it really is....
ACTUALITIES OF BEING SICK:
1. You're tired, but you can't sleep. My body is achey, shakey, and weak, which in case you didn't know, makes it hard to fall asleep.
2. You're hungry but you can't eat, because you WILL throw up (my sickness came with a side of migraines).
3. My sinuses are waging a war. Against my head, my face, my sanity? I don't know, but they are definitely angry at SOMETHING. I can feel them throbbing in pain. Right now.
4. People did make fun of me for living off of soup and cider. Go figure.
5. Not being able to get anything done makes you feel even more miserable. I got crap to do, but all I'm doing is basically watching it pile up around me.
6. BONUS REASON: You know hanger? The struggle is also real when you are sick. Let's just say I do not feel like smiling.
PS - There is one plus side...if you're a complainer (like I am, apparently) you actually have something to complain about now haha. Rant over!