23 February 2014

Diary of a Mad Sick Woman

I do not ever remember having the flu, I never got chicken-pox as a kid, and I have not been even slightly sick in the past couple of years. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I have a few friends who ALWAYS seem to be sick...I've got to admit, sometimes I get a little jealous. I do, however, realize that I sound crazy when I say that, so I have come up with a list to justify myself.

REASONS TO BE JEALOUS OF SICK PEOPLE:

1. I'm kind of a hyperchondriac so when I don't have mild colds to distract me I am often diagnosing myself with debilitating or chronic conditions. (Right now I'm convinced that I have arthritis and possibly epilepsy. Not even kidding.)

2. That voice that makes you sound like you have a smoking problem is kinda fun (read: sexy).

3. You can do nothing all day and not even feel bad about it.

4. Nobody will judge you for living off of broccoli cheese soup, chicken noodle, and hot apple cider. I personally want to live off of these things on a daily basis during winter.

5. Sweatpants and lounge wear and no makeup - again, nobody will judge you.

Welp, I got sick last week and it turns out that it's not exactly all its cracked up to be. I'm guessing if you're reading this you already knew that. Seriously though, how do people do this on a regular basis? I'm hiding away in my dungeon right now, but I see actual sick people going about their daily business all. the. time. I choose to blame them for my misconceptions, because they make it look so easy. If you're like me, and you never get sick, let me tell you how it really is....


ACTUALITIES OF BEING SICK:

1. You're tired, but you can't sleep. My body is achey, shakey, and weak, which in case you didn't know, makes it hard to fall asleep.

2. You're hungry but you can't eat, because you WILL throw up (my sickness came with a side of migraines).

3. My sinuses are waging a war. Against my head, my face, my sanity? I don't know, but they are definitely angry at SOMETHING. I can feel them throbbing in pain. Right now.

4. People did make fun of me for living off of soup and cider. Go figure.

5. Not being able to get anything done makes you feel even more miserable. I got crap to do, but all I'm doing is basically watching it pile up around me.

6. BONUS REASON: You know hanger? The struggle is also real when you are sick. Let's just say I do not feel like smiling.

PS - There is one plus side...if you're a complainer (like I am, apparently) you actually have something to complain about now haha. Rant over!

12 comments

Japolina said...

Hope you feel better!

Erica said...

Being sick does often sound cosy, and I also don't get sick often... which means that when I do I turn into such a baby about it. It really isn't much fun :( Hope you're back up soon!

Christina said...

I agree with every single thing! I'm sick too and I didn't even get out of bed yesterday. I watched a few movies, but couldn't really focus because my head felt like it was going to explode. Also, I lived off of hot apple cider and baked potato soup yesterday, so I'm not making fun of you at all. :)

Brittany said...

Feel better soon! And be careful what you wish for ;)

Jessi said...

Hahaha I got the flu last year and was like whoa I don't remember it being THIS bad!! It seriously is no fun. A little cold? Ok. The flu? Nope.
Hope you feel better soon!! ANd thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

Charmaine Sylvia said...

Lmao that comparison photo is hilarious. Being sick sucks hope you feel better soon!

http://sylviastevens.blogspot.com/

Alyx said...

ughhhhh being sick is no fun. Pretending to be sick to hav ea day off of work = much more fun.

Hope you feel better soon!

.candace. said...

Ugh I'm so so sorry! I hope you feel better soon, but I can oddly relate - only on a more crazy level. I always was jealous of those with glasses or crutches or something "different" like that. Who knew that perfect vision, stature, and legs would bug me? You just can't please everyone I guess :)

Joanna said...

Ha! You're so funny. I felt envious of people with casts when I was little. I wanted crutches. They looked fun. In retrospect, silliest idea ever.

Hope you are feeling better. Being sick is debilitating. Hate it!

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

Oh man! Hope you are feeling better! I think all of those thoughts HAVE actually gone through my head, and then I get sick and am like, "nooope. This sucks." The other thing is being sick with kids? That takes any goodness and rest and relaxation right out of it. ugh.

Rachel said...

My favorite part of being sick is definitely wearing comfy clothes! Sometimes I actually wish I was sick too, just so I can get a break from the daily grind. But once you are sick, it isn't nearly as fun as you'd think!

Ashley R said...

That illustration is SO true hahaahaha. Feel better soon!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs