05 February 2014

I feel positively...positive!

Maybe its all the love in the air, but I have been feeling on top of the world this February. I made my new years resolutions painfully easy to attain so that I wouldn't disappoint myself, but I also had secret ideas in my head of things I hoped to improve haha. I've been trying really hard to be a doer and not a dreamer. When I get a negative thought (aka: ew, I feel gross today - I ate wayyy too much fast food this week) I've started trying this new thing where I fix it instead of beat myself up about it (aka: I know! I'll make sure to eat lots of fruits and vegetables NEXT week!). The most important part of this process is that I DON'T BEAT MYSELF UP over whatever the thing is first. Because then I get discouraged and all bets are off. 

BUT - the month is still young. So I've devised a plan to help me keep the good vibes rolling. I read something the other day that the average person will think about 60,000 thoughts in one day, and up to 2/3 of those will be negative. That's just terrible. This blogger wrote an excellent post on staying positive and loving yourself, and even came up with an impressive list of positive words. She suggests putting it on your mirror and picking a word that embodies you that day, but I am going to go down the list one at a time and have a word of the day. 


So on day one I'll focus on the word "adaptable" (or adapt) and challenge myself to use it in conversation as often as it applies. Then on day two I'll focus on the word "adored" (or adore or adoration). By the end (it will obviously take longer than a month) I hope to have expanded my vocabulary of positive words, thereby directing my mind to look on the positive side more often.

It's just too easy to start getting down on yourself, so I feel like I owe it to me to take advantage of this little spurt of positivity that I've stumbled across. Day five and going strong!

4 comments

Gayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gayle said...

I love this idea! I recently promised myself that I'd do something similar -- and that I'd stop judging people so harshly. Girls are so judgy, so I want to make an effort to be better to myself and to others. Your idea is inspirational! :)

Brittany said...

Good idea!

Dancing Through Sunday said...

Such a good idea! It really brightens up your day/life when you become aware of positive thoughts, great job!

www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com
x

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs