17 February 2014

We Work

My Mattie and I have officially belonged to each other since two years ago today, so even though I am late for Valentines Day, I think it is the perfect day to write this post. 

We work because when I admit something embarrassing to him (like a quirk or weird thought I have) he easily accepts it as part of me.

We work because he doesn't make fun of me for blogging.

We work because I never say no when he asks for a foot rub.

We work because he tells me I'm beautiful when I look like a wildebeest.

We work because when I'm telling him a disgusting story about a patient I've had in the past and he tells me to stop because it's making him sick, I stop even though it is sooo hard.



We work because we both understand that each of us are high-maintenance lovers and we both require the other one to show us love daily.

We work because I have agreed to not ask him about what baby names he likes until I am pregnant.

We work because he doesn't scold me when we get the message that says I've used up 75% of our data that month. Or when we get the message that I've used 90%.

We work because when I mess up and get him the wrong gift he still loves it because I am the one who gave it to him (it's hard to shop for a guy whose interests are all things you know nothing about!).

We work because when he holds his arms straight out I understand that is my cue to crack his back.

We work because we give ourselves time to miss each other when he goes on a camping trip or I go on a weekend trip.



We work because he goes to family gatherings with me even though I am fully aware that he would much rather sit at home sometimes.

We work because he drives and I talk, but if he is lucky that day I will drive so he can sleep.

We work because he has agreed to buy me a horse one day.

We work because we have a money managing system that we both stick to.

We work because he considers fast food an acceptable dinner.

We work because he tells me when I cook him something he doesn't like.


We work because he lines the porta-potty seat for me.

We work because I actually pee'd in that porta-potty after he did that.

We work because he always turns his music down when I have a headache.

We work because he listens to me talk excitedly about how fascinating the human body is even though he would rather keep sex and science completely separate topics in his mind.

We work because we have the same goals for our future.

We work because sometimes I wear boring outfits for him even though I like loud outfits better.

We work because we WORK at it. Everyday.


Content brought to you by Laynah.
Concept brought to you by Bon + Tay


8 comments

Brittany said...

groossss the porta potty. Yuck. But whata guy lining it for you

c a n d a c e said...

Freaking fabulous post, lady! I am totally jealous of the horse part. I love reading the things that make you go "awwwe" and the laughable (but understandable) like the potty-lining one!

Wendy May said...

Adorable post, adorable you with your adorable love!

Erica said...

That's a lot of reasons why you work, and they're all so sweet! I guess what they all have in common is self-sacrificing love and acts of service... you two are sweet together :)

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

First off, love your pictures!

Second, the port potty?! Hilarious. I'm a squatter.

Third, you two sound adorable. I love reading how all these little things work for each couple. :)

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

First off, love your pictures!

Second, the port potty?! Hilarious. I'm a squatter.

Third, you two sound adorable. I love reading how all these little things work for each couple. :)

Cindy said...

awhh i loved this. Your blog is adorable, I'm so excited to be following now!

Ashley R said...

You guys are super cute. :)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs