24 March 2014

In Between Storms

First of all, the reason I have not been the best blogger lately is because I have been wayyy too busy growing as a person, both spiritually and physically. Instead of blogging during my lunch break now, I'm power walking...and let me tell you, I'm embarrassed at how much of a work out that actually is for me. Like, I'm sore. I thought it would be a piece of cake because it's just walking, but apparently I was more out of shape than I thought #pathetic. In my defense, I have also been replacing my office chair with a stability ball, so that could be contributing. We're only a week into it so far and the whole no chocolate thing is the hardest part. 


Secondly, I just had the beeeest weekend ever! Ugh, love. I went to Time Out For Women in Long Beach, which is basically just an LDS women's conference (although I'm positive it would be beneficial to any Christian woman). You know that feeling when you're sitting in church and you have an "a-ha!" moment where something just clicks in your mind and you realize what you can work on or what you have been too hard on yourself about? That was me. all. weekend. long. 


How could a weekend go wrong when you're spending it with a group of beautiful women like this?


Oh, and I met Hilary Weeks, who sings THE most beautiful music in case you didn't know.

All of these happy things at one time are making me feel like a brand new person and I love it. The change is even being reflected in the world around me with all it's fresh new blossoms and baby green leaves - it just feels like it's all meant for me. I know life is constantly throwing stuff at you so I'm simply in between storms right now, but this is just the break I needed to refocus. 


As I said on Instagram "I am really feeling the love right now in the form of tulips and the hope of tomorrows full of sunshine. But even if my tomorrows contain a little more rain than I'd like, knowing that I have my Mattie by my side through every tomorrow from here on out is enough." And yes, I know I spelled tomorrow wrong. My bad. Goodbye for now!

5 comments

Japolina said...

I hate to say it but your full of sunshine feeling is because you are power walking. I hate exercise but when I am in an exercising groove, everything is a little sunnier.

Kenzie Smith said...

That is so wonderful to hear! I know that when I exercise regularly it makes a huge difference in my attitude. (In fact, exercising releases a feel good chemical called dopamine!) I'm glad you had such a great weekend!

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love.] said...

Oh my goodness, Women's Conference is the best! I went with my mom for the first time a few months ago, and LOVED IT. So great :) Glad you enjoyed it!

ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

birdie to be said...

Sounds like you've got fabulous excuses for taking a mini blog break!

Stephanie said...

I hope everything is well in your world, although it sounds like it is! I'm going to go find you on Instagram! : )

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs