10 March 2014

We Rock Out!

This weekend we were invited to a concert...of a band that we would probably NEVER go see on our own, but our friends (aka our aunt and uncle/the owners of the house of the basement we live in/my boss) had extra tickets and we thought it would be fun to join them. I am so happy that we went because it ended up being the best night ever! The only problem is that now I'm pretty sure every other concert I go to for the rest of my life will suck in comparison.  

First, let's talk about energy drinks. Liquid sin. Temptation in a can. I happen to love them but never allow myself to drink them except on one occasion and one occasion only: concerts. My excuse is that the high amount of caffeine prevents me from getting a migraine (which, I basically get everyday in case you didn't know). I can feel you frowning upon me (or is that just my mother?). Frown on, my friends - I don't think one can every six months will kill me, and considering the level of risk vs. the level of happiness I get from it, it's just not worth quitting.


You don't have to scold me, I know it's bad.



The House of Blues, Featuring: HIM (or is it H.I.M?) FYI, this band's name stands for "His Infernal Majesty" which may or may not be a reference to the devil. Just ignore that part haha.



Okay, now onto the reason this concert was so spectacular (besides the music). I had a difficult choice ahead of me, because our group was splitting into two once we got there. One half wanted to be right next to the stage, just feet away from the band and the other half wanted to sit in the lap of luxury and reserve a table where we wouldn't have to be stampeded. Even though I don't listen to HIM, this really was a hard choice because I kinda love the whole concert experience, stampeding crowd at all...eventurally I chose the table though, and now I am so spoiled I may not ever enjoy another concert again.

This table changed the entire experience. We were in the crowd, but not IN the crowd. It was the best of both worlds because we were ten feet from the stage with a perrrrfect view of everything, but we had the choice to sit there and enjoy the show while eating a steak dinner if we wanted. For the record, we chose artichoke dip and shrimp instead.



The music was excellent - much better than anticipated. And I didn't even start to get a headache until on the way home! Basically, it was the most unexpected perfect night ever. I would have never in a million years chose this, but I'm happy to have the memory.


I never got second thoughts about choosing the table, but if it had been Katy Perry or something I would have been all over being in the crowd...our friends were so close they could reach out and touch the lead singer if they wanted! A dream come true if you're a fan.


PS - Funny story about the table: there was a $200 drink minimum that you had to buy to sit there (this is on top of the fee to reserve the table, which I wont even mention). Obviously it's hard to spend $200 in artichoke dip, so towards the end of the evening my uncle just asked for the difference in drinks and we handed out beer cans to the crowd around us. As if this girl needed anything more to drink...


Needless to say, I felt like the concert Santa Claus.

PSS - Energy drinks, a band that may or may not worship the devil, and handing out alcohol. As a Mormon, this was a pretty scandalous night for me. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the sketchy parts, but it is what it is. If you think less of me after reading this post, sorry I'm not sorry.

7 comments

Tammy said...

Love the new name :) And the blog design is fabulous !!!

Japolina said...

Looks like a fun night. Sometimes when you get invited to something and go, it is a great experience!

Erika - TiptoeButterfly said...

oh the memories i have of the HoB in FL ... good times

PS .. i have a GIVEAWAY going on; love for you to join and pass on the good karma

Brittany said...

wow what a night sounds pretty crazy. I love how scandalous you were haha

Lavinia said...

That was one of the best nights of my life. No worries folks, HIM are not devil worshipers nor are they satanic. His Infernal Majesty was a name they came up with back in 1994 when they first began, as they became more well known people assumed they were satanic because of the name, so they dropped the name and kept the acronym because they did not want to be associated with that. They are dark, I liken them to Edgar Allan Poe with music lol, their genre is Love Metal. Their music discusses love and all the good and bad that comes along with it, the joys and sorrows. There is also a lot of symbolism. They are easily misunderstood, but they are amazing!!!!!!!!

c a n d a c e said...

So am I way sinful because I fully endorse and approve this message? And I'm mormon. Apparently a naughty one. Such a great post and I love your blog!!!! Ok bubye.

Em said...

WOW handing out free drinks?! You ARE the concert Santa Claus! Man, I was debating going to this concert too! So sad I missed it!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs