03 April 2014

The struggle of craving a DSLR is real!

I think I may have mentioned a few times in the past that I would really love to have a camera. A DSLR, to be more specific. What I didn't mention was exactly HOW BAD I wanted a DSLR. I have been actively researching cameras, spending hours studying photography tips, and trying sooo hard to save up enough money for one over the past few years. Unfortunately, we are on a very strict budget so I only get a $50 allowance a month...needless to say it has been very discouraging because even if I save up 100% of my allowance I am still years away from my goal! I am not taking this fitness challenge seriously because I want to get fit...I am taking it seriously because that $200 to my camera fund would really make a difference! And honestly, to make up the rest, I've been looking into donating my plasma. The struggle is real, people.

Anyways, the good news is that my in laws have a DSLR that they let me borrow allllll the time so my cravings to have a camera of my own have subsided a teeny bit. Last week I decided to sign up for a beginners photography course so that I can actually know what I am doing by the time I get my own. Matthew seemed really excited about it too, which was strange, and he even wanted to take the class with me...but um, hello, we only have the one camera. So that was kind of a bummer. He assured me that he could find one for him somewhere though, so I finally signed us both up for the photography class.

That same day, he hid the exact camera I wanted in my backseat for me to find after work! I was so completely stunned and I still can't really believe it. Apparently he had been planning on getting it for my birthday but figured that I might as well have it before the class so I could learn on MY VERY OWN camera! Moral of the story is I can't even get over how good he is to me. Here's a picture of my new best friend.

And here are the pictures my new best friend and I took together on our first nature walk:





So...if you're wondering what I'm going to spend my money on now the answer is EVERY Kelly Moore bag I can get my hands on! Starting with the B-Hobo in Walnut - so obsessed.



6 comments

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I have always wanted to do a photography class so I am slightly jealous of you! Congratulations on your wonderful surprise!!!!

Kenzie Smith said...

That is so awesome, how sweet of him!! I've been begging my other half for a DSLR for a few months now. I will have to try to save up :D I love the photos you have taken so far!

Brittany said...

How sweet of him!! Such a good surprise

Erica said...

What a sweet surprise!!

Fealyclan said...

Yay!!!! So excited for you...and what sweet guy you've got there! Love you two and I think it's awesome you're both taking the class. Enjoy!

Fealyclan said...

Yay!!!! So excited for you...and what sweet guy you've got there! Love you two and I think it's awesome you're both taking the class. Enjoy!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs