08 May 2014

Blogging things I wish I was better at

As long as I've been blogging (off and on since I was like 17!) there is still so much that confuses me about the blog world. I think I've finally got the basics down for the most part, but here are the things that I still don't have a clue about:

GIF's - Okay, this one is kind of embarrassing, but I never want to ask people how to do this because the longer I go without knowing the sillier it is. I don't know how to insert a GIF into a blog post! Haha everytime I see a blogger do this I think "That girls got her stuff together, she really knows what she's doing!" They add so much personality to a post...for instance, if I knew how to do it, I would insert one here of a lovable celebrity making a funny face and shrugging her shoulders - and you would laugh inwardly and think "So true, I do that same thing when I don't know something. Haha"

Search engines - Search engine optimization is when your blog shows up higher on the list in a google search, right? Yeah, well I don't know my way around that. I actually don't even know if my blog is even visible to search engines.

Domain name - I think this is the one where the blogs web page name is something other than the .blogspot one provided. Is there any point to this besides looking a little prettier and proffessional?

The signature thingy - I know this is a gmail thing and not a blogger thing...but how do I add a picture and link and cute signature to the bottom of my emails! It is soooo helpful when I'm emailing someone (I refer to everyone I correspond with over email as a "blog friend" by the way) and they have a link to their blog right their in their signature. 

Instagram box thing - I love those little instagram boxes that flash your instagram pictures from the side of your blog. Do you know what I'm talking about? Instagram is my favorite social media everrrrr so I would probably like having it right there on the side of my blog for even more people to see...it says: Look at me! This is a selfie I took! This is a meal I ate! This is what I did today! #narcissistprobs 

And because I don't know how to insert a GIF, here's a fallback instagram shot to satisty the at-least-one-picture-per-post policy.


I shared this picture, along with the story of my ring, earlier this week on instagram in honor of our engaged-iversary! 

5 comments

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Which email domain do you use? gmail?

And that flashing instagram box I had to ask a group of bloggers about that. It's not a plug in! That's the tricky part! http://snapwidget.com/

You get a html code to copy and paste to your sidebar just like a picture.

Let me know what email you use and I will help with that signature problem too!

Brenn Baker said...

go to intagme.com for the Instagram slideshow :) you can edit the size and whether you want a slideshow or grid!

Laurie Olsen said...

These things baffled me. And then I googled. If I can do it you can! The code for most of those things is actually really easy. Thank God for other bloggers who can tell us less technologically inclined bloggers how to function.

Kimberly said...

I accidentally put a gif into a post when I was trying to put a picture into a post. Its exactly the same (right mouse click, save image, upload to your blog. . .) it's just a .gif file instead of a .jpg file.

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I need to get a new template for my blog! I've had the same boring one since 2008!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs