10 June 2014

T-minus 4 days

I have been really trying to not get caught up in the excitement of decorating our new home until we actually move in, but yesterday I just couldn't take it anymore and bought some pillows and a basket! I want a mostly neutral living room with aqua and navy thrown in and I thought these were just TOO perfect. 

I also bought that little basket...for firewood, ha! We don't even have a fireplace, but we have a little corner for a wood burning stove and I keep picturing the stove there, with a decorative container with firewood sitting next to it. Matthew said "You got a basket for firewood when we don't even have a wood burning stove yet? That's like me going out and buying an elephant saddle in case I ever decide to get an elephant!" Haha. I'm sure I could stuff blankets in it and set it by the couch if that doesn't work out though...not too sure what one would do with a leftover elephant saddle.


The color scheme for our master bedroom is very different. Bright, clean, and airy are words that come to mind when I think of the living room, but I'm attempting to make the master bedroom a little classier and...almost moody? I chose purple because its the passion color and I'm a dork like that. 

I love to make design boards so much (expect more as I decide what the rest of my house will be haha)! When I discovered this pretty mirror at One King's Lane recently I went ahead and found some pieces that would go just perrrrrfect with it for a vanity in my bedroom and threw them all together. It works. I love this look so much.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Only four more days till the big move! Did I mention that the lights went out in my basement?? So yeah, I literally live in a dungeon now...we have camping lanterns set up around the room and it is the actual worst. Everyday I look at pictures of the house and everyday it seems more appealing haha!

5 comments

Julia Paige said...

decorating is so much fun!! those pillows are adorable!

Kimberly said...

I love getting to design my home! I would love it a LOT more if I had an unlimited budget. ;)

Jeannette said...

Very nice Inspirations

FOLLOW MY BLOG / Maybe we can follow each other!!!
http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

.candace. said...

YAY! Beautiful setup for the bedroom. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Kenzie Smith said...

Decorating is so much fun! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to see more photos of your projects along the way. This sentence: "That's like me going out and buying an elephant saddle in case I ever decide to get an elephant!" had me dying!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs