12 June 2014

Our Little Besties

For ten months, I have lived in the basement of a family with FOUR children 6 and under (the twins had their birthday and turned 7 in February, but still, close enough). While this might sound crazy to some, we have actually LOVED this time getting to know them on a more personal level. When it did get overwhelming at times we would just hide in our dungeon for a while, but for the most part we loved it and leaving will definitely be bittersweet. We both agree that our new house will feel awfully lonely without the pitter patter that we are now used to.


One thing is for sure, it is NEVER boring with children around! They say the most hysterical things, and it would be a shame to forget those things, so I always try to write them down. For instance, right after I took the above picture Tommy yelled "It is so funny when someone goes in the back of a picture and yells 'PHOTOBOMB!' right, neenah?!" Other funny things that have been said are:

"I can dance so good, it will make you pee your pants!"

"At first I thought you were weak, but now I know you are powerful." After I threw a ball.

Joey at dinner one time: I have a noodle stuck in my nose.
His mom: You mean a booger?
Joey: No, a noodle. - proceeds to snort, spaghetti noodle comes dangling out of one nostril - 


"Are you a mom?" I answer no. "Oh. so you're just a lady?"

"Me want a butterfly kiss." Randomly! While watching a cartoon.

Lilly, confiding in her mom: I called Joey the B word!
Lavinia: Oh...kay...what word is that?
Lilly: Stupid! It have an H.


While having a dance party. Lilly: Come dance with me!
Me: No thanks. I'm drinking my drink, see?
Lilly: Come, hold my hand.
Me: Okay...
Lilly: Bring your drink! Now walk. Now dance. Now take a drink...
I do all of the above, in order.
Lilly: See! It works!

Hahaha I love it :) I can only hope that they remember we are besties after we leave this weekend!


5 comments

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

How sweet! Love that last little interchange :)

Brittany said...

awww too cute

Elsha said...

Our friends have 4 kids all 6 and under and we are over at their house 3 times a week at least! It brings a light and joy that can be filled no other way :)

Lavinia said...

hahahaha, I am laughing so hard right now at all those quotes. It has been so weird without you guys. I still catch myself about to shush the kids when they wake up in the morning (even though they were still loud in shush mode). Hope you guys are having fun. Cant wait to see the place :)

PS you guys can still tag along for Thursday night dinners out ;)

Kenzie Smith said...

Aw this is too cute! Kids say the darnest things :) Hopefully you will still get to see them often!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs