08 June 2014

Today I'm having dinner with an Apostle.

As in, an apostle of the Lord (as explained here). They often travel from place to place, visiting members all over the world. I feel so spoiled, because last October I actually SPOKE at the same meeting Elder Cook spoke at and now I will be meeting Elder Nelson as well. I don't think I wrote about that experience on the blog because it was a very special, almost sacred, experience that I'd like to keep to myself. 

First of all, we don't worship prophets, or apostles, or any leader of this church. We worship Jesus Christ. Even still, when you are in the same room as an apostle, you can just feel that you are in the presence of a man of God and it is so humbling.

So, today Elder Russel M. Nelson will be speaking at our Stake Conference and following that he will be having dinner at my in-laws home (because my father in-law is the stake president, and part of the duties of being a stake president is giving church leaders that visit your area a place to sleep and all that). I am so looking forward to hearing him today, and in preparation for that I have been looking over talks that he has given in the past.


This one is called "Face the Future with Faith" and it is about how we should not let our trials overcome our faith. It is uplifting and encouraging, and even if you aren't a member of this church I'd like to invite you to watch or read it this Sabbath day.



3 comments

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

How cool that you get to have dinner with Elder Nelson!! And that quote is awesome :)

Kimberly said...

I knew he was there today, but I didn't think about how your family would get to have dinner with him! So cool!!

.candace. said...

Oh my gosh - that's so cool!!!! I'd love to meet any of them :)

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs