07 July 2014

A date with myself

Before I was married, I took myself out on dates ALL the time. To the movies, fancy restuarants...if I wanted to go, I would go without waiting for someone else to ask me to go with them. I loved that time to myself and I still have fun being alone with my thoughts. I don't do it very often anymore, but Matthew was working on Saturday and after I finished some laundry and stuff around the house I decided to go pick cherries at one of the orchards in our area (um, okay how cool is this - we have "pick your own" cherry, apricot, and plum orchards AND local honey stands every weekend)! I haven't checked them out yet so I was really excited to...until I found out they were all closed. Boo, those whores.

Plan B was to go hiking at one of the Griffith Park hikes in Hollywood because I'd never done it before and have heard that it's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I ended up making a few stops along the way (aka got lost) and by the time I got there I didn't want to start a hike because I was scared of caught in traffic going back home. So I just checked out the observatory and had such a nice time walking around by myself, people watching and taking pictures.




Pretty sure I want a sundial in my backyard now.



When I got home Mattie wanted to go out to a dinner and a movie so I actually lucked out and got two dates that day!

8 comments

Peach State of Mind said...

You're so cute! I wish I had the guts to do that kind of stuff by myself. Sometimes you need that little break from reality and some alone time. I love that you did this!

.candace. said...

Oh I'm the same way! All sorts of solo dates before I got married. :) Glad you got to do some fun stuff though eh? Great pics!!

Megan said...

What a great little outing.

Courtney B said...

Definitely lucky!! I wish I could go pick my own fruit... YUM!
Girl, your photos are amazing!!

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

I love having dates to myself. Sometimes it is really nice to have self reflection and peace.

AiringMyDirtyLaundry said...

I love solo dates. I'll get lunch, maybe go to a movie or head to a bookstore.

Lisa @ Ameliorer la Vie said...

Yes! Dates with yourself are sometimes much needed. I don't mind going to the movies by myself at all and even look forward to it on occasion.
Going cherry picking sounds fun. I've picked my own raspberries before and then made a bunch of smoothies. Hopefully you'll get to go soon!

Kimberly said...

I'm going to have to stop reading your blog if it continues to make me SO HOMESICK!!!! You are so lucky to live in CA. SO LUCKY.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs