31 August 2014

Devil's Punch Bowl

You know how you never do any of the touristy things in your own area? My friend told me a funny story the other day...her family from France came to visit her in California and they really wanted to go to the Hollywood sign. She said "Great idea, I've never been myself!" and they gave her such a hard time about it, they couldn't believe it! Next thing she knows, they're telling her that they've never even been to the Eiffel Tower...and they live a half hour away! Ha!

I am guilty of this (there is a LOT to do in here!) but I am trying to get around to doing everything! Just last month I went to the observatory...and then we TRIED to go to the Pantages but it didn't quite work out. So we're trying. There are a few cool hikes around here in Southern California, and we've just never gotten around to doing them, but we finally checked one off the list this weekend! 


I bring you, the Devil's Punchbowl. Or Punch Bowl, I'm not exactly sure. Either way, it's a pretty hiking trail sort of in the mountains by Wrightwood. And we had suuuuch a good time together - we forgot how nice it is to actually go and do something instead of dinner and a movie all the time.




Matthew is so tan and my camera made him look orange in some of these pictures for some reason? I really need to edit these and reduce the saturation but we've gone too far - I just don't feel like doing it right now. BTW, I have soooo much self tanner on and you can't even tell because it only brought me from ghost-white to normal skin color ha! So I don't look it, but I feel super tan.





In this one he doesn't look orange, and I know I used a flash here. I wonder if that's what did it...



5 comments

Kimberly said...

We used to go to Devil's Punchbowl (Punch Bowl?) ALL THE TIME when were kids! And I haven't been in seriously so many years. I just mentioned on our last trip to CA that I wanted to do Devil's Punchbowl. Next time. Or the time after that. Good to know it's still around! (where would it have gone???)

Jess said...

It looks beautiful out there! Worth the visit.

Kenzie Smith said...

What a gorgeous hike! I think it is funny how we hardly explore near where we live. I wonder why that is? I am glad you both had such a great time!

Heather said...

Hi! New follower here! :) Just wanted to say hi, introduce myself (I'm Heather, btw), and say that I love your blog! Feel free to check out my new one at ilym0611.blogspot.com!

Shyree said...

I never went to Disney land until I was in my 20's. People always gave me weird looks when I told them I'd never been.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs