08 August 2014

Rescuing a dog...but first, let me take a selfie!

Yesterday I was driving home when the car in front of me swerved and got my attention. Next thing I know, theres a dang dog right in front of my car and I had to brake and swerve as well! My heart hurt a little because I had just barely passed a dead dog on the side of the road, so I felt obligated to pull over and help. Well...I felt really dumb when I got out of my car, because the dog just barked at me and ran away...right in front of another car! So I was like "screw that" and turned around to leave. She followed me even though she didn't trust me yet, and even though I didn't trust her yet either I opened my back door just to see what she would do. She jumped right in and she just looked so scared my heart broke. So obviously I took her home and cooked her chicken and rice. And brushed her. And gave her a temporary name. And she was super clingy and needed lots of loves from me all night.

THEN I had to tell Matthew. I was really nervous because he claims to not like dogs (I've been begging for one for basically our entire marriage) because he is allergic...but we agreed I would put a craigslist ad up for her and take her to the vet to see if she was microchipped. Lo and behold, he came home with dog bowls, soap, carpet cleaner, a brush, and a dog bed haha! We had already agreed she would sleep in the garage, but I didn't say anything when he put the bed in the living room. Then when I got out of the shower I heard him talking to her softly and petting her...shortly after that, he moved her dog bed into our room, haha! 


Right now we're still looking for an owner, I found a "lost pets" facebook page for my area and put her pictures up there, so we will see. I also found a local kennel that houses lost pets until they are found, and when I brought it up to Mattie he got kind of sad, so it looks like we're hanging on to her if she doesn't get claimed.

PS - Her name is Dixie if she doesn't get claimed.

6 comments

Duni said...

Thank God for kind people like you who have a heart for animals in distress! She's such a sweetie...I hope she's found her furever home with you :)

Kenzie Smith said...

I am so glad that you stopped for that dog! So many people keep driving. There have been a few times that I've pulled over for dogs too. That's adorable that Mattie put the dog bed in your room and got kind of sad about the possibility of getting rid of her. I think I see a dog in your future ;D

Sweet, Sassy Southern Belle said...

She's so precious! I hope you either find her owner or get to keep her! It's awesome that you stopped and saved her from being hit and killed by some other car. So awesome!

mjmcpeterson said...

Thank you for being so kind and for taking her in. You guys are so awesome!!

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

I hope you don't find an owner :) I think she suits you guys :)

Brittany said...

Awwww I love quickly his opinion changed once a cute pup was in the house. Also it is a dream of mine to rescue a dog and return it to it's owner. Weird? Probably. But I want to help a poor lost dog.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs