12 October 2014

That first two years though!

We have certainly had a lot of good times...

and mayyyybe one or two bad times as well.

The very first time I ever laid my eyes on him, I felt an unfamiliar emotion run through me. Clear as day I was...jealous? I sat there for a moment, turning that feeling round and round inside me, questioning it. Double checking. Yes, it was definitely jealousy I felt, but not of him...I was jealous of his future wife! I quickly dismissed this as the most shallow thought I have ever thunk, but as luck would have it - I AM that future wife. Apparently the odds were in my favor. 

Little did I know then that he would end up being more qualified to be my husband than any checklist of the perfect man I could ever dream up. He teaches me to try. He teaches me to talk softly. He teaches me to give sincere apologies. He teaches me to be patient. He teaches me to smile when I don't think I can. He teaches me to not be afraid of my emotions. He teaches me to be strong. He teaches me to trust. He teaches me to think responsibly. He teaches me to love. And he teaches me that I'm not running this show, because I didn't even realize I needed to learn all of these things! I'm certainly glad someone did though.


 The only difference I can tell between the year one and the year two mark is that at first I didn't think I deserved him, but now I do. I know I deserve every bit of him and he deserves every bit of me because we belong together, the good and the bad. Happy Anniversary.

8 comments

Jess said...

So adorable!

Kenzie Smith said...

I love this! Happy two years ♥

Tami Crawley said...

Happy anniversary! I am grateful every day that you joined our family. Thank you for loving my son. <3

Kristen said...

aww happy 2 years! what a lovely post.

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

Aww you guys are so cute! Happy anniversary! :) but what the heck is going on in that second picture??????

Jess said...

Y'all are cute - happy anniversary!

.candace. said...

Um I must be so weird because this totally made me tear up! AHH! Probably because my anniversary is tomorrow. LOVE LOVE IT! (we are at 3 yrs)

Misty Fealy said...

I'm so happy he suits you so well and to know how much the two of you love one another. I'm so glad you're happy and for the things he teaches you. I love you both! Happy anniversary!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs