06 November 2014

A goal without a plan is just a wish.

I MADE A PLAN YOU GUYS. Like, I actually made a plan to reach some goals I've had for a while and - what do you know - things are actually happening! It all started with "I want to make an extra few hundred dollars every month." So I became a consultant for Jamberry and - BAM. Few hundred dollars every month, in the bank. Then I was like "Say whaaat, that actually worked? Wow, what else can I do?" It's true what they say about how reaching a goal empowers you because all of the sudden I felt like all my other goals were possible. And not just like "in the future" but that I could make them happen NOW. 

Okay, so on to the actual goal I was referring to in the title of this post...I felt like I needed an intro because what I am about to say next may come as a shock to some of you. I want to be a birth photographer. Yeah yeah, I know. You should see people's faces when I say that. BUT I AM SERIOUS. I think it's such a huge moment, and from the first time I saw a live birth and felt the energy in a room when a brand freaking new human being enters the world, I was hooked. Couple that with my compulsion to document ALL THE THINGS and bippity boppity boo, I decided I want to be a birth photographer. 

So, you know how I do. I sat around thinking "Hey, I want to be a birth photographer." ..and not doing a dang thing about it haha. Cue jamberry and making a few hundred extra dollars every month...I realized that you have to actually DO crap in order to reach your goals. I then devised a master mind plan for becoming a birth photographer:
  1. Get prints and put together an actual real life portfolio.
  2. Meet with a doula in my area and show her my portfolio.
  3. Offer to take birth pictures for her clients.
  4. Wait.
So yeah, I'm at step four and I'm pumped so I just wanted to write about it. I actually met with a client of hers and it was super great because it was like a job interview, except I will be seeing her naked if all went well. Yeah, I'm immature and that was literally what I was thinking the entire time haha. 

But seriously though. If she agrees, I really really hope I can do this moment justice.




1 / 2

insert praise hands emoji / heart eyes / tears streaming down face emoji

7 comments

Jess said...

Wow, what a unique goal! I've never even heard of that job until now but I guess it would be such a special moment a lot of people may want photos of it. Good thinking.

Kristi said...

You want to hear something interesting?? I actually wish I had a photographer to capture my last moments with Bryson. I got a few pictures which I'm eternally grateful for, but it is one of my biggest regrets. I wish I would have thought of you!!

Brenn Baker said...

That is such a beautiful goal! I honestly regret so much not having a birth photographer, but I went into labor then gave birth so quickly that I doubt any photographer would've had time to get there;) I think it's great that you want to help families capture such an amazing part of their lives.

brittany said...

aw, wow, i love your goal setting!! so inspiring!! and you will do great as a birth photographer!! so many people are interested in that these days! they are suuuuch beautiful moments to capture. i'm sure you won't be thinking about the nakeds at all. :) you'll be like "man i hope this chick gets that baby out soon!" haha!

.candace. said...

Simply incredible. You go girl!! Wish you were closer so you could do mine... not that I'm making an announcement. (I WISH)

Kimberly said...

yay for goals and things you feel passionate about!! Doesn't accomplishing them feel so awesome! I'm excited to see where this goes for you. After I have a baby I get seriously bad depression for a week or two. But the day of the birth, you're right, it's just powerful.

Kenzie Smith said...

This is really unique! How exciting that you are already working towards your goal -- I can't wait to hear more about it!

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs