19 February 2015

ANOTHER Fertility Update

I just spoke with the nice lady from the infertility office...and Matthew and I will NOT be undergoing treatment at this time. I didn't think too much about insurance and everything because I had a conversation with my boss once and he told me that he was positive infertility treatment was covered under the insurance plan I had...but it turns out only 50% of it is. Thank goodness I made sure to ask before any tests were done! I'm sure we could scrape the money up, but that would put a lot of pressure on us right now...and then there goes our padding for when we actually get pregnant and have to pay for raising a human...


I'm disappointed, because I really wasn't expecting this...but I'm not broken. Give us a few more years and I'm sure we'll be ready - I know we're plenty young enough and a couple more years wont kill me. 

12 comments

Lex said...

Sorry to hear about the setback. :(

ashleynicole @ [real life, real love] said...

Dang :( Have you done ovulation predictor tests? They're at the dollar store. I finally gave in and bought them just so I could make sure we were doing it at the right time, especially since I, like you, have irregular periods. Wishing you luck, as always.

Lacey Daniels said...

Soo sorry!

Whitney M. @ The Married Me said...

Sorry for the set back. Fertility testing and treatment can be expensive! Wish you the best of luck in the mean time.

Kenzie Smith said...

I am really sorry to hear about the setback :( I can only imagine how much fertility testing and treatments cost.

The Siberian American said...

Sorry to hear about the setback! :( It makes me sad how much fertility treatment and testing costs!

Allison @ Texas Mrs. said...

Sorry to hear about your insurance. Our insurance doesn't cover a penny, which is such a bummer. To pay for IVF, we had to walk our happy bootys to Wells Fargo and ask for a 10,000 loan. EEK. It sucks to make the monthly payments, but we felt like it was the right time for us. It's amazing what people do for tiny little humans, isn't it. Keep trusting in God and he will deliver. He really will! I hope you dont ever lose hope or encouragement lady!

Julia said...

So sorry, I know how frustrating that is! I really wish insurance was better about covering IF stuff!

Kay R. said...

So sorry about the setback. Fertility treatments are really costly so I can only imagine the strain. Love the quote :)

Laura Marie Keenan said...

So sorry that you received that disappointing news. I have too have struggled with infertility and it is never easy. Hopefully your spirits stay up!

Christina Sotherden said...

Sorry to hear about your setback, thinking of you!

Bales said...

As always you are amazing Laynah. You are helping me to remember what really matters and to be grateful for the craziness my little people bring in to my life. Thank you for blogging about your journey and your life in general! Reading your blog strengthens my testimony and always has me laughing all at the same time.

Copyright © 2014 Rose Gold & Ringlets | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design By: Kailyn Marie Designs